The Slammed Life

Old picture next to my mx6.

0VN7Mx0.jpg

k8XRx5f.jpg

The red mx6 is getting taken apart to build up this white one.

wl6m9W6.jpg

White progress. My buddy cut me out this OEM spoiler delete/drag wing.

macnINg.jpg

Then we put my big wing on there.

WV61ABW.jpg

UEyOB8k.jpg

Now it's in his garage next to his MSP waiting for me to paint the other bumper and some side skirts white. Might paint the black hood too. I think it will look cleaner white than black.

OtCfbyk.jpg

lol i love how that STI lip gets hoor'd out to everything Mazda related ;)

also, i have not tried separating the faces. for me there was no need to. the set of advans on my S13 were damn near brand new... and im not joking, there was 1 scuff on the wheels and they look like they just came out of the boxes when i bought them on YAJ a few years back. the white advans on my Protege, they are a bit rough... though im not too concerned, just wanted something to make the car stand out a bit more and for $150 i cant b**** lol ;)

the Advan Siena Gen.2s came in 18s and utilize the same barrels as the Super Advan Gen2, just FYI ;) but locating a set of barrels for the Siena Gen.2s is a pain, let alone locating a set of the actual Siena wheels hahahha. I plan on picking up a set of the Seinas eventually for my S13. love those meshies!!!

Last edited:
Yeah I like the Sienna also. Better than some BBS in my opinion. I love YAJ. I am always looking at stuff on there. My Gen 2 and my SA3R came from there as well as a lot of parts for my 929.

heh, the majority of parts i buy now for the S13 (and a few bits for the P5 including my tail lights) come from YAJ as i cant stand flaky 20 somethings who are too lazy to ship and overcharge for crap parts. also, i get all my aero parts that i replicate from YAJ for the S13 and S14. i refuse to buy wheels in the US again as well... bought the Advans on my S13 for $600 + shipping (which was another $300 i think). Advans for my P5 were $150 + shipping (but they came in a giant crate with the rest of my aero bits id ordered so shipping was DEAD cheap, like $20)

Yahoo auctions Japan. Great website once you figure out how to translate and find what you're looking for. When I search for cars I use a chassis code most of the time. Otherwise I need to translate sentia (929 in Japan) into Japanese to find parts.

Who do you use to import things? I've been using BidJDM and I'm super happy with their service. Shipping is a little pricey but parts come in less than a week most of the time.

I've loved that 929 since you got it. Would love to see it on some advans too!

Thanks! I'm not sure which wheels I like on it best but I've got a bunch of options so that helps. I really like 19s on it though because they fill the wheel well so perfectly.

Had I kept up with my Japanese I'd probably be able to buy some stuff on YAJ. I'll have to resort to Google Translate LOL! I'm trying to get my Protege back on the road though it's not slammed. Maybe I'll slam it just for pics.

they have a service called Buyee that allows you to purchase small and normal sized items easily... thats how i get most of my stuff. any large items i go thru an importer who is a client of mine as there are limitations to volumetric sizing that arent allowed out of the country via normal postage methods.

I haven't tried Buyee but I do have an account with them I think. Maybe I'll give them a shot sometime.

FINALLY got my megan rear control arms installed after putting it off for a few weeks!!!

21766757_10212879298968964_9121220984502560295_n.jpg

aaaaaaaaand got to align the car... MYSELF! screw $80 and half assed work from tire rack! some string, jack stands, a measuring tape and patience is all you need ;)

21762200_10212879298328948_1895342367499467061_n.jpg

ill take some new pics tomorrow during the day when im running errands. SO happy i can adjust my suspension MYSELF now!!! cam bolts can suck it hard!

Car is all aligned an sittin pretty! I friggin LOVE this time of year, such a gorgeous day outside :) I need to add a touch more camber to the rear, wheels are rubbing a little too much for my taste... dont exactly feeling like chewing up a brand new set of super sticky Pirellis!

21767981_10212885480603501_9088496520453981562_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back