Ssp 86/87

Grommish

:
06 BCM Speed6 GT
Anyone else received the SSP86 and SSP87 notifications from Mazda North Amercian Operations on the warranty extension for the Turbo/White Smoke and VVT Timing chain noise/stretching issue?

I received mine yesterday, they pushed the warranty out 84 months/70000 miles. I've already called the local dealer and scheduled the vehicle check as I certainly have to VVT cliky-clik and have seen the white smoke @ long idle/low RPM from time to time.

Mazda is offering the VVT tensioner/chain replacement for free, and replacement for the turbo on the white smoke issue.

No one? The documents I received say they are for the L3T engine in the 07-10 CX-7, 07-10 Speed3 and 06-07 Speed6.

Last edited:
Yep, I got it too. Everyone should be eligible, even if you don't receive a notice in the mail...check with your local dealership.

can you scan a copy of that?
i have not receive mine and i'm still within their mileage and time frame.

i'm at 50k but no smoke or ticking so prolly not worth getting looked at yet until symptoms show right?

unless you show symptoms they will probably charge you to look at it. and since it isn't a recall, they don't have to do it unless the symptoms are there.

I got mine three days ago and I want to do it, but I don't think they'll replace or vent the turbo unless they have a documented case of the white smoke...which, of course I have experienced but not really documented with the dealership. I'll call them today and find out where they stand.

i have a ticking, i can only relate it to lifter tick at very very low loads above 2500rpm. is this one of the symptoms of the vvt system click?
its a tick from the transition of load to just coasting at very light throttle.

I got mine a few days ago. I had a turbocharger replaced a year or 2 ago but it was a screw-up courtesy of the dealership and on top of that they didn't have a turbocharger available so it took 2 weeks. What a nightmare!

Anyhow, I don't think it qualifies for a reimbursement (the smoke was heavy but black and not white). I do experience white smoke when idle or at low speeds. noticed yesterday, but of course it's hard to say when I drive though I do a lot of stop-and-go in heavy traffic.

Not sure about SSP87 - ticking.

Still, going to have it checked at the dealer.

This is my 1st post here. :)

just got my letter for the timing chain and vvti issue. lucky for me i have 4000 till i hit the 70k mark. i had it inspected on monday, luck enough for me the chain stretched and im getting a new one. bad luck for me though is the chain and vvti actuator are on national back order. so now im out my ms6 for a minimum of 2 weeks. o and a side note mazda does not cover a rental or loaner so push to see if you can get the dealer to flip the bill. i had to fight for my rental.

Back