Thread: SICKSPEED Review

2002 Protegé5

SICKSPEED Review

More than A year ago, I purchased loud horns from a company called Sickspeed. It was obvious that this company was new, and just beginning with their smaller inventory and amount of product. I received my horns with a Sickspeed vinyl sticker in record time. I installed my horns in a flash, easy in, no weird parts that I had to go out and buy. The horns sounded great and looked even better. I had been happy with my horns for the longest time. Here is a picture of them installed in my Protege5.

These horns definitely added style, and a certain pop to my car. After about a year, the horns began to stop working. I was disappointed that they had lasted so long and cut out. I left them installed just for the visual appeal. I debated what to do since I'm sure my warranty was up and wasn't sure if buying a new set was the right choice for me so I went to their website sickspeed.com to browse their products. I was shocked how much the company had grown and how many new products they offered. I used the contact link on the website and sent an email with my predicament about the horns. Within 24 hours, I received an email from JJ at Sickspeed saying,

"Send me a pic of your horns. I think you got the original ones and they were not as good as the ones we have now.
    After I see the pics I`ll let you know what I can do. I`ll take care of you as best as possible ok? You`re in good hands! -JJ"

It felt great talking to a real person, not just getting an automated response. I sent a picture and he informed me that I had in fact purchased one of their original horns and that the weather proofing wasn't up to their new standard. He sent me brand new horns in my choice of color. At that time I went ahead and purchased Sickspeed's carbon fiber antennas. Again, in no time I got both my orders and I was ecstatic. I installed my antenna first. All hardware for installation came with the antenna itself. Here is a picture of my new antenna

Believe it or not, this antenna provides a better signal that my stock antenna which was over a foot long. Not to mention this looks WAY cooler! (On average, shorter antennas should have less of a signal due to their size, that's a given. This antenna outperformed my stock antenna which was falling apart.)

When opening my new horns, I could tell the design was beefed up. This definitely looked like a quality, weatherproof product. I installed the new horns and they had a crisper, louder sound than the one previously installed. Here is a picture of my new horns and a sound clip.

VID00001.AVI

Sickspeed has all the items to add flavor and a touch of personality to a car. I plan on buying anything I can from Sickspeed. Not only do they carry a quality product, but they have the customer support to back any fluke that can occur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urKUB...bvEV8JkGEH-9Z_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdhz...rSCW9VIWttDv52
    Last edited by JDM_Pro5; 01-21-2012 at 08:34 PM.