My New STF project...

completly agree on that rev limiter being an overagressive little punk with this quiet engine.

Andres, definitely excited to hear about the headers(2thumbs)... Also - can you dish some details about the construction of your CAI? The results sound well worth it. Maybe you could speak to the materials you used, construction, maybe some photos? Thanks!
I will post something step by step, in the mean time you can see this. After the 90 degrees factory turn you have the choice of using a short pipe(safer) or a longer one just your call.

This are some pictures:

7082226793_12a7513890.jpg

6936150572_fbb0932c08.jpg

Andres

Last edited:
oh yeah! Waiting patiently for this update.

The Headers are in, after freaking three hours of work (now that we know what to do it might take only two), not counting an extra hour wrapping it with header wrap; took a lot of pictures for a write up. Is kind of too soon to say how much improvement. The first impression is easier response, and definitely good acceleration on higher rpms. , maybe because the 4-1 configuration.

Total wight loss came to 9 lbs. , mostly due to the extra remaining hardware that comes out. The factory header weights almost the same like the aftermarket one.

More info coming soon to a theater in your neighborhood ;)

Andres

Last edited:
The Headers are in, after freaking three hours of work (now that we know what to do it might take only two), not counting an extra hour wrapping it with header wrap; took a lot of pictures for a write up. Is kind of too soon to say how much improvement. The first impression is easier response, and definitely good acceleration on higher rpms. , maybe because the 4-1 configuration.

Total wight loss came to 17 lbs. , mostly due to the extra remaining hardware that comes out. The factory header weights almost the same like the aftermarket one.

More info coming soon to a theater in your neighborhood ;)

Andres

Haha, the first time is always a pain. Looking forward to your write up ( when? ) and power test. ;)

Your project is so entertaining!

Can you tell me how you hook up the shiftlight on the engine?

Actually it seemed really hard until I found out. It comes with three wires, black (ground), red(power 12 v.), and green ( to the black/white wire coming off the coil, I used the coil closest to the driver's side of the car ).

7076302157_1cbc67861c_b.jpg

Andres

Last edited:
I will post something step by step, in the mean time you can see this. After the 90 degrees factory turn you have the choice of using a short pipe(safer) or a longer one just your call.

This are some pictures:

7082226793_12a7513890.jpg

6936150572_fbb0932c08.jpg

Andres

Hallo Andres!!You've done good work on the car,keep on that way!

I think the induction you've made is not very good because is sucks hot air from the radiator.You should make it a short ram just like the corcksport design or long ram by placing the air filter behind the front left fog light(like the injen kit for the honda typeR ep3).An other option is to replace the air filter with an induction box (like BMC CDA-DIA) and then run a pipe to the front grill in order to have cold air.

Hallo Andres!!You've done good work on the car,keep on that way!

I think the induction you've made is not very good because is sucks hot air from the radiator.You should make it a short ram just like the corcksport design or long ram by placing the air filter behind the front left fog light(like the injen kit for the honda typeR ep3).An other option is to replace the air filter with an induction box (like BMC CDA-DIA) and then run a pipe to the front grill in order to have cold air.

You have a point, I thought of that, if you notice I am using a longer pipe before the filter that puts the cone barely on the lower left corner of the radiator below the fan, in top of that when I race only I use a ram air that connects to the end of the cone looking forward. I could move it even more to the left , but with the increase of power I got seemed pretty decent. I got a little bit more gain in HP than Corksports one.

Thanks for the input.

Andres

Actually it seemed really hard until I found out. It comes with three wires, black (ground), red(power 12 v.), and green ( to the black/white wire coming off the coil, I used the coil closest to the driver's side of the car ).

Andres

Thanks Andres!

Can you tell me which wire? Any picture?

Yes, I attached the seat belt receiver to the seat rail similar to the OE setup. I need to figure out what's going on with the air bag sensors and such, though. I don't like the idea of driving around on the street w/o that system working correctly.

And that's good news on the header.

Hey Andy I found this post, how do we apply to our cars? Again i 'm bad when it comes to electronics.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/130694-2005-mustang-gt-5-speed-change-seats.html

Thanks

Andres

Thanks Andres!

Can you tell me which wire? Any picture?

Not to be an a.. but did you read my answer post?;) There are three cables coming out of each coil, red/ blue(power), black(ground)and black/white stripe, the one I used was the last one.

I'll try to shoot a picture today.

Andres

Last edited:
Actually it's header, because there is only one, headers go on V, W, and H motors, not I's(whistle)

You (_!_)

So what do you say Mr. Floridian Header or Headers ??

BTW, the car power has increased more after 4 days with the Header. I can feel the improvement around 3000 rpms and gets really strong around 4700 rpms. This is butt dyno. I think I'm ready for Dyno. I think maybe 5-6 HP but this will really will be unleashed after I get the full header back, probably at least 10 HP all together based on my experience.

Hey Rodrigo , do you want to stop for a test drive/comparison this weekend?

Andres

Thanks Andres for your patience, with all the colors i'm feeling safer lol!

Did't want to splice at a wrong place, wiring is not my forte... Thanks again and again, sick built man!

Back