My New STF project...

A delay of approx 500 RPM is typical for a tailpipe sniffer AFR probe. Put it in the header and you'll get closer to 1:1.

You can really chase your tail if you go strictly by the RPM on the tailpipe probe when tuning. Have to account for the delay for the gases to make it out all the way out the tailpipe.
Well, that makes sense... my limited experience is with a wideband in the downpipe...

But it does revive the question of why the change happens at such different speeds in the two different runs. Could it be related to which gear the runs were done in? I would have assumed the two runs were done in the same gear though.

Well, that makes sense... my limited experience is with a wideband in the downpipe...

But it does revive the question of why the change happens at such different speeds in the two different runs. Could it be related to which gear the runs were done in? I would have assumed the two runs were done in the same gear though.
Both runs shown were in the same gear.

Andres

Not enough data to determine. ECUs work off lots of input parameters and make corrections based on IAT (intake air temp), ECT (Engine Coolant Temp), knock sensors, etc. All kinds of things could be going on there, and w/o readings on those variables, you'll never know.

That's why it is critical to be as consistent as possible when dyno testing parts. In fact, using an A-B-A approach on the same day using the same procedure is best, but it gets expensive and logistically challenging. I do a lot of dyno testing and have learned that every motor is a little different in what affects it. For my Civic, I had to do pairs of runs, as the first was always worse then the next one immediately following. On my track car (K24 motor), I only need to do single pulls so long as I keep the IAT and ECT consistent (big fans, FTW).

Not enough data to determine. ECUs work off lots of input parameters and make corrections based on IAT (intake air temp), ECT (Engine Coolant Temp), knock sensors, etc. All kinds of things could be going on there, and w/o readings on those variables, you'll never know.

That's why it is critical to be as consistent as possible when dyno testing parts. In fact, using an A-B-A approach on the same day using the same procedure is best, but it gets expensive and logistically challenging. I do a lot of dyno testing and have learned that every motor is a little different in what affects it. For my Civic, I had to do pairs of runs, as the first was always worse then the next one immediately following. On my track car (K24 motor), I only need to do single pulls so long as I keep the IAT and ECT consistent (big fans, FTW).

Have you research tuning options for the 2? Don't the same rules of STR apply to STF tuning wise?

Thanks

Andres

Have you research tuning options for the 2? Don't the same rules of STR apply to STF tuning wise?

Thanks

Andres

Same rules apply across the board for the ST category, though some new allowances (e.g. piggybacks) are now legal. Only available off-the-shelf option for the 2 is DPTune reflash, for now. Should be able to make a Megasquirt work as a piggyback, but it will take significant effort to program the VVT mechanism, and you have to start from scratch on the entire tune.

Same rules apply across the board for the ST category, though some new allowances (e.g. piggybacks) are now legal. Only available off-the-shelf option for the 2 is DPTune reflash, for now. Should be able to make a Megasquirt work as a piggyback, but it will take significant effort to program the VVT mechanism, and you have to start from scratch on the entire tune.

Had to many issues with DP Tune.what about EManage? That was my next option for my Spyder.

Andres

Hey Andres...quick question regarding your header solution: Is this a long-tube cat-delete style? Where does it exit relative to the OE exhaust components?

Hey Andres...quick question regarding your header solution: Is this a long-tube cat-delete style? Where does it exit relative to the OE exhaust components?

I still don't have it yet (hope I get it). It seems like exits at the same place like the stock one not 100% sure, it is catless, I'm waiting to get it before I make a decision on the cat back.

BTW is funny you posted the little battery on Facebook , I ordered one very similar last week, I had that planned for the Spyder also.

Between the Kirkey seats (already in) and the little battery the weight loss could be aprox 60 lbs.

Andres

Last edited:
Great minds think alike? :)

That's the battery I had in my Civic. Where'd you get yours?

Thanks ;)

A buddy of mine Spyder owner, old autocrosser up north , mentioned about them a year or so ago, he sent me a picture from Ebay, I found them , not sure if there are any left.

$(KGrHqV,!lEE7scsZ5ZcBPJy7WPh6w~~60_12.JPG

Andres

Seats are in...they came off the Spyder since the buyer did not fit on them ;)

Factory Seats Driver 45 lbs. Kirkey seat plus sliding frame : 27 lbs.

Passenger 40 lbs. Kirkey seat plus sliding frame: 25 lbs.

7066420429_833115cc37.jpg

PS. I weight 115 lbs. !!! (rockon)

Andres

Last edited:
Seats are in...they came off the Spyder since the buyer did not fit on them ;)

Factory Seats Driver 45 lbs. Kirkey seat plus sliding frame : 27 lbs.

Passenger 40 lbs. Kirkey seat plus sliding frame: 25 lbs.

7066420429_833115cc37.jpg

PS. I weight 115 lbs. !!! (rockon)

Andres

What did you do about the airbag stuff? When disconnected, the dash goes all disco with flashing lights.

And I assume you re-attached the OE seat belt receiver to the new seat?

What did you do about the airbag stuff? When disconnected, the dash goes all disco with flashing lights.

And I assume you re-attached the OE seat belt receiver to the new seat?

Just the air bag sign.
I am doing that this weekend, is that what you did?

Andres

Headers are in !!!!

Finally after 4 weeks (eyeballs)

Good quality, will try to install ASAP to start testing, it weights 8 lbs.!!

Pics coming soon

Andres

Andres, definitely excited to hear about the headers(2thumbs)... Also - can you dish some details about the construction of your CAI? The results sound well worth it. Maybe you could speak to the materials you used, construction, maybe some photos? Thanks!

Just the air bag sign.
I am doing that this weekend, is that what you did?

Andres

Yes, I attached the seat belt receiver to the seat rail similar to the OE setup. I need to figure out what's going on with the air bag sensors and such, though. I don't like the idea of driving around on the street w/o that system working correctly.

And that's good news on the header.

Yes, I attached the seat belt receiver to the seat rail similar to the OE setup. I need to figure out what's going on with the air bag sensors and such, though. I don't like the idea of driving around on the street w/o that system working correctly.

And that's good news on the header.

Please let me know when you figure out the airbag sensor issue.

Thanks

Andres

I had a busy weekend, not brave enough to tackle the headers (Tuesday hopefully) but did other mods:

Lightweight battery is in:

6935866764_7e3895924a.jpg

Raptor Shift light is in, this because our rev limiter is silent, and is too late when I hit it (bad driver). I set it a 6100 rpms :

6935867130_100c32f364.jpg

Andres

Back