2003 Mazda Protege 5

us3r

I found a 2003 MP5 in excellent condition, however the mileage is pretty high at 229000km (142000 miles). Tiptronic auto trans, pw, pl, ps, alloy wheels.

Last edited:
The price is very good and the car looks like it is in pretty good shape. I think its an excellent deal...

There's a couple for sale around my area for 3900 and 4500 with less mileage. Sounds about right. Give it a good look over.

I found a 2003 MP5 in excellent condition, however the mileage is pretty high at 229000km (142000 miles). Tiptronic auto trans, pw, pl, ps, alloy wheels.

It has a sun roof and has tint windows. No rust (cabpatch)and was maintained regularly (according to seller).

He is asking for $2500 OBO. What do you guys think? I'm a student so money is tight.
I think that you should offer the guy $1500.00 and call it a deal because it's extremely high milage. Make that offer to him and go for it =-)

mp51.jpg

mp52.jpg

mp53z.jpg

mp54c.jpg

I spotted a spot of rust in one of the pics(left rear fender) look under and thorougly inspect the floors, i'm sure the body has been redone, but on these cars and in our temperature the floors and subframe are the big downfall, my body is completely rust free at 290,000km, but i needed to redo the floors, so inspect wisely!

at 142k mi all you should have to worry about is suspension stuff, the engines in these cars are solid as long as they've been maintained. I have 150k mi and have only needed some suspension work.

Is the Canadian version different than the U.S. Version? I believe that car is supposed to have side fender lights standard on 2003. Rims look like 02 version as well.

Back