FWD rotary conversion

Automatic rear counterweight for 86-88 RX-7? I would definitely make sure this is the correct counterweight for your rotating assembly as they are different for different series. Either that or get the rotating assembly balanced.

Sorry but I can't stand the look of the MX3's so there's no chance of me swapping the 13B into one lol but once I've proven the conversion works, I'll sell ya an adapter plate so you can swap one in yourself ;)

But yes that counterweight is for the proper year rotary (86-88 S4), at least that's what I was told and it's what I paid for lol

Sorry but I can't stand the look of the MX3's so there's no chance of me swapping the 13B into one lol but once I've proven the conversion works, I'll sell ya an adapter plate so you can swap one in yourself ;)

But yes that counterweight is for the proper year rotary (86-88 S4), at least that's what I was told and it's what I paid for lol

sounds like a plan brother(hippy)

Actually I have never seen that link, so thanks for posting it, I do have a set of calipers to measure it with so I will do that to double check it, and if it's an S5, I'll shoot you a PM ;)

This has already been done in a mx3. I dont know the particulars of it, it was years ago that the build thread was on mx3.com.

Any update? Im really interested in how this is goin cuz my trans just lost a shift fork and is stuck in 4th -_- these transmissions really are s***. Ive been obsessed with the rotary since childhood and would love to do this swap myself in my p5, the rings are fried and it drinks oil and smokes like a refinery on startup, now that the trans is gone.. Im investigating swaps. I was gonna just rebuild and turbo it, but the car sortof became a passing gift from my grandmother so i'd like to do somthing different with it, plus i love it and the 13b would even out the weight distribution considerably :). The 13b was my first thought. I know from reading your posts on other forums that it can be mated to a honda k series trans as well, was wondering if you had any more info on the fittment of that also.. and/or updates as to the adapter you were having made for the mazda K series? I know you said your in no hurry but the last post was 3 years ago :( anything to report at all?

Last edited:
I had too many dead ends and nobody would make up the CAD drawing for me so I completely gave up on this idea

In my head I know it'll work if an adapter plate could be made up

Any update? Im really interested in how this is goin cuz my trans just lost a shift fork and is stuck in 4th -_- these transmissions really are s***.

While I don't think it matters at this point, he was wanting to use a KL transmission, which is the same as the FS transmission- A G series. The only provided information here was that another use was successful in utilizing a G-series transmission. I'd imagine your best bet is to wander on over to where they were speaking of the Honda transmission as you're likely not to have any success in gaining the knowledge here. Plus, I doubt you'll ever start this, let alone finish it.

EDIT: Actually, he used an F25. My bad. Which is not the same as your G25M in the P5 anyway.

Last edited:
Back