New Mazad2 owner intro...

zoomerang2

:
2012 Madza2 Touring
Hello all,

I just joined up on the forum here. I have been surfing around here for a short time and found a lot of good info so I decided I would join in. I just bought my Madza2 to replace my MK4 GTI with the idea of resurrecting my Auto-X addiction.

I am have owned and built many project cars in the past but this is my first Mazda. So far I really like the handling feel and the car is surprisingly fun to drive despite the low power (but most of you know that already)

Anyway, see you around the boards.

Welcome aboard! I haven't been here much longer, but it seems this 2 forum is more active than any other I've found. Congrats on the new purchase.

Welcome aboard! I haven't been here much longer, but it seems this 2 forum is more active than any other I've found. Congrats on the new purchase.
Thanks, Just reading up on suspension, tire and wheel choices to set the car up for Autocross... Leaning toward running in ST (STF?) class in the SCCA this spring, so I need to keep my mods in line with this goal.

Can't help ya there. Never autocrossed, unfortunately, but plenty here have/do. One of the other guys started a thread in one of the other sub forums about this. Should be a good read.

Welcome to Mazdas247. Check out the autocross section of this forum and see what the buzz is on the new STF class.

Welcome to Mazdas247. Check out the autocross section of this forum and see what the buzz is on the new STF class.
Yep, I have been reading up all around the M2 forums, I was very happy to see the auto-x interest around here.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome to the party. This certainly is the most active 2 forum in the states. Tons of good info and even better people. The environment is not as toxic as some of the VW forums. :p

There are several of us who are going to be running STF this year on the forum. There should be more posts related to it as the season gets going.

-Derrick

Welcome to the party. This certainly is the most active 2 forum in the states. Tons of good info and even better people. The environment is not as toxic as some of the VW forums. :p
Yea, I was not really that active over on the Vortex and other sites, started building up the GTI a few years back then realized that my wants outweighed my wallet (German horsepower is expensive!)

I am still involved in the DSM community; my continual project is a 92 Laser 2.0 turbo AWD (Cheap AWD power!) but, there is only a small segment involved in Road-race and Auto-X...

There are several of us who are going to be running STF this year on the forum. There should be more posts related to it as the season gets going.

-Derrick
Yep, I was checking out the threads, I wanted a DD that can hopefully be a fairly competitive Auto-Xer. (Or as competitive as my driving can make it!) so I may try the STF class as well.

I will definitely share results, when I get some, we have some pretty active people in our region who attend national tours ect... I plan to pick a lot of brains this season.

I need to dust off my MaxQ data logger up and get it running again; also I want to figure out an inexpensive video method, maybe using my I-phone...

Yay another newbie.....I'm loving all the Mazda 2 Peeps....
Hello all,

I just joined up on the forum here. I have been surfing around here for a short time and found a lot of good info so I decided I would join in. I just bought my Madza2 to replace my MK4 GTI with the idea of resurrecting my Auto-X addiction.

I am have owned and built many project cars in the past but this is my first Mazda. So far I really like the handling feel and the car is surprisingly fun to drive despite the low power (but most of you know that already)

Anyway, see you around the boards.

Okay, well I thought it was about time to get some pics of the 2 before I started modifications so I could have a point of reference. So, here is the all stock:

mazda29.jpg

mazda28.jpg

mazda27.jpg

mazda25v.jpg

mazda24.jpg

I really like the white. Kinda rare to see one.
Thanks! I really like the white, it was the only color I could find a Manual Transmission car in my area...now that I have it, it has really grown on me!

nice pics! what do you have planned?
I have an endless list of modifications, however I am trying to take it slow and be methodical... not sure how that is going to work out...

My overall goal is a nice looking, daily driven, Auto-X / Road course capable vehicle.

Appearance:
Tinted windows done
Tinted Taillights done
Tinted Head lights - In progress
3D Carbon 4 piece body kit Shipped (waiting delivery)

Performance: (Currently researching everything)
Intake
Exhaust
Header
ECU Re-Flash
Coilovers or springs/dampeners
Front and Rear Anti-roll bars
Wheels / Tires
Bracing
Front upper and lower bars
Rear Strut bar
Other?
Weight reduction?

Misc:
Armrest done
Dedicated MP3 / hardrive input

Long term:
Racing Seats
Harnesses

Last edited:
WOW tall order...Looking forward to seeing the progress pictures. :)
Thanks! I really like the white, it was the only color I could find a Manual Transmission car in my area...now that I have it, it has really grown on me!

I have an endless list of modifications, however I am trying to take it slow and be methodical... not sure how that is going to work out...

My overall goal is a nice looking, daily driven, Auto-X / Road course capable vehicle.

Appearance:
Tinted windows – done
Tinted Taillights – done
Tinted Head lights - In progress
3D Carbon 4 piece body kit – Shipped (waiting delivery)

Performance: (Currently researching everything)
Intake
Exhaust
Header
ECU Re-Flash
Coilovers or springs/dampeners
Front and Rear Anti-roll bars
Wheels / Tires
Bracing
Front upper and lower bars
Rear Strut bar
Other?
Weight reduction?

Misc:
Armrest – done
Dedicated MP3 / hardrive input

Long term:
Racing Seats
Harnesses

haha NICE! i like this

Appearance:
3D Carbon 4 piece body kit – Shipped (waiting delivery)

I'm in the same exact boat!

haha NICE! i like this

Appearance:
3D Carbon 4 piece body kit Shipped (waiting delivery)

I'm in the same exact boat!

Yep, mine is supposed to deliver Friday... looking forward to it! Is your kit pre-painted? I ordered mine pre-painted so I can install it myself.

I have never owed a Vehicle with a body kit of any kind...I have never been about the bling. But, the Kit really changes the look of the car from the pics and I thought, why not?!

For the DSM and other autocross stuff I like the http://farnorthracing.com/ site.
For the M2 follow Andy Hollis and his posts. He has lots of good stuff on EF Civics and Miatae and now he is tweaking a Mazda 2.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Back