2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Hatchback - Suspension, Springs, Sway Bars?

Ionya

:
2013 Mazdaspeed 3 tech pkg. / 2014 Mazda CX-5 2.0 skyactiv
Does anyone know if the 2010+ suspension pieces fit the new Skyactivs? I would like to get sway bars and springs also possibly cross drilled rotors.

yeah i would like to know this as well, I was curious cause engines might weigh different like my 04 gti 1.8t and 02 gti vr6 as they had different springs. This is my first mazda and im curious what brand of springs is recommended?

Yes they fit. A guy over on m3r has already installed an rsb on his skyactiv.
The suspension wasn't really touched.

img2498nx.jpg

The issue is that the SA cars are lighter in the front end and even stock the nose sits up more than the rear. So its hard to find a spring set for these cars still that don't end up with a nose in the sky / butt dragging look.

Thats my dilemma here... http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123812318-Looking-for-springs-for-a-2012-Skyactive

img2498nx.jpg

The issue is that the SA cars are lighter in the front end and even stock the nose sits up more than the rear. So its hard to find a spring set for these cars still that don't end up with a nose in the sky / butt dragging look.

Thats my dilemma here... http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123812318-Looking-for-springs-for-a-2012-Skyactive

i've searched high and low for cars that really illustrate how bad the difference in drop (front to rear) can be and really haven't found any good examples. in fact, here are some examples for the contrary. both of the cars below are 2012 skyactivs with road magnet 1.25" springs all around. they look plenty level to me!

howardvu-albums-2012+skyactiv+6mt-picture6450-lowered-rm-1-25-1st-gen-wheels.jpg

mrfister-albums-tsw+nurbugring-picture6150-mmmm.jpg

Does anyone know if the 2010+ suspension pieces fit the new Skyactivs? I would like to get sway bars and springs also possibly cross drilled rotors.
I just went throught the same. The issue is the weight of the skyactives front end compared to the other mazda 3's. Derrick at cork sport is who pointed out this issue to me when I was ordering parts from him. He sold me a set of Eibach Sport lines. Which lowered the car about a 1.3 inchs all around. I then mated the springs with a set of OEM mazdaspeed 3 struts and oem mazdaspeed 3 rear sway bar. I could not be happier with 3. The ride is awesome and the drop was enough to change the look of the car. later on I will switch to coils but for now I am very happy with the results. AXELA 012.jpg

Latest posts

Back