2007 Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring ECU Problem?

Mazdale

Hello Guys I have a question on something I've been tackling for a 1 month or so and trying to stay away from the STEALERSHIP. The Issue is 2007 Mazdaspeed6 Smart key, I am having Electrical issues that I can not figure out so asking for some feed back what else I should be checking for. The only thing I have in the vehicle was a alarm that work for 2 years Viper 5901 that is out of the car as of now.

The issue that I am experiencing is from time to time after about 15 minutes of driving the dash lights flickers radio turns off and reloads and if the headlights are on they turn off and turn back on, like the battery is going dead check battery and replace it problem still. Check all the fuses underneath the hood and underneath the dash all good. Pulled the alarm completely out of the car still having the issue. Did the alternator test which was Start the car let it idle and remove the battery cable (+) still ran so I know the alternator is still good. Checked all the connectors main Fuse box in the engine bay good, I reset the ECU by removing the battery cables for about 3 hours, works till I reach about 120 miles then the problem starts again. When this issue happens again it is only starts when I take off from a dead stop, On hwy driving it does not do it nor does it do it while idle only when taking off from dead stop the head lights and dash lights and radio turns off like it goes below 10 volts so I am stumbled can not figure this out is this a main ECU problem?

Please help
Thanks,
Dale "Mazdale"

That sounds like there is a grounding wire or short problem somewhere in the car, maybe related to the alarm installation. It could also be the main cables to the battery, they may be chafed somewhere. It sounds like you should look in the wiring where the alarm was installed and look for any wires that aren't sealed up or look for grounding issues.

Back