Bastian's P5 on a college budget

i might attempt hids again. just might with the small bulbs since i have holes in the back of my fogs still and 2 extra ballast just need bulbs

and sorry I ment to say the horns look good, but do you like the sound of em? I find them rather annoying.

I have them wired without a relay, and I like them. Really, anything is better than the stock horn... I don't recall a time that anyone ever heard that thing. lol.

The sound is a little high pitched, but it definitely gets people's attention. They are not annoying to me, just to my neighbors when I accidentally press the lock button twice ;)

LOL!

I am debating on fog deletes or HIDs

Definitely HIDs, the fogs are awesome in heavy snow if you do the fogs w/ parking lights mod. Unless you're cleaning up the front end, then deletes.... but I'm honestly 100% function over form. That's not to say I wouldn't do something to the car that is purely aesthetic, I just wouldn't do something to it that would remove functionality and replace it with aesthetics. Does that make sense? (boom02)

Awesome, glad you got the grill to fit also :D

Thanks for the idea!

Subs and Congrats on tastful mods.

Thanks, means a lot, especially considering where you have gotten with your P5!

Last edited:
a few pics from today...

IMG_20120211_124138.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

I think he means how the middle of the hood comes down past the sides due to the headlights. Take plastidip and give the headlight some eyebrows if you know what I mean lol or maybe he means out onto the fender

gotchya lol... I see what he's talking about, I might do that if it warms up later this week.

Maybe get rid of the pin stripe. It's not bad looking and it still looks in good shape. May look cleaner without. It's your choice

Just saw your post in the valence thread, you should look into the mazda6 wagon rear wiper! Gives a nice clean look.

Yeah, come spring I'm making a weekend project out of painting the steel wheels. Right now there's some surface rust on them, so I decided it's better to keep the covers until I can get them painted. I'm probably going to go with a gunmetal or similar color.

fatti03msp, nice mod! I'll probably do that this spring as well, seeing as the windows aren't open often this time of year (stash)

Ski racks came in the mail today (cabpatch) my version of "winter mode" (lol2)

IMG_20120105_155820.jpg

also expecting a package to come tomorrow ;)

Which ski rack is this?

Just saw your post in the valence thread, you should look into the mazda6 wagon rear wiper! Gives a nice clean look.

Thanks, I've thought about it, still debating whether I'm going to drop money on it... There aren't many 6 wagon's or junk yards in my area for that matter, so I'd have to order one.

Which ski rack is this?

Yakima Buttondown Aero's, I got them from this website: http://www.orsracksdirect.com/yakima-snowboard-ski-rack-buttondown-aero-8003070.html

Good website, shipped pretty fast. I've had no problems with the racks, I'd definitely recommend them, especially for the price! (2thumbs)

Last edited:
^^ Thanks guys! (2thumbs)

I'm debating what to do next with the car. Unfortunately money is a little tight until summer... any ideas?

Back