Bastian's P5 on a college budget

my headlights are black from the factory.. Canadian cars came with them in 2003 but i have used high heat paint to paint a few sets of headlights without any issues.

ahhh I forgot about that... either way, they look nice. I know your car isn't the factory color but at least it gives me a good idea as to what black headlights would look like on mine... another thing to put on my list for when the weather warms up.

Here's the Snowtege this morning...

snowtege.jpg

Last edited:
After a few near-death experiences, I decided I should get some new horns. Safety mod ;) Came in the mail today, should have them installed by tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_20120130_205150.jpg

IMG_20120130_205251.jpg

I am literally in the same situation, im also 17 and on a part-time budget.

Congrats on the car and you managed to get the color I wanted haha, the lazer blues are rare around here.

-Kyle

^ thanks kyle (2thumbs)

Got the horns installed but it ended up being cold and dark by the time I was done. I didn't wire a relay in yet, I've heard of some people running them with relays and others without, in the near future I'll maybe throw one in and see the difference it makes. As of now, very pleased.

Last edited:
so some pics from the horn install/wash today...

Here she sits, patiently awaiting the new horns :)

IMG_20120131_154639.jpg

New horns in:

IMG_20120204_140055.jpg

And after a quick wash:

IMG_20120204_140033.jpg

Unfortunately, after going through all of the mounting and install, I discovered that the location that I put the horns in doesn't allow the grill to fit back in... but that's a project for tomorrow (2thumbs) they're loud as hell

Unfortunately, after going through all of the mounting and install, I discovered that the location that I put the horns in doesn't allow the grill to fit back in... but that's a project for tomorrow (2thumbs) they're loud as hell

I had the same issue. Instead of modifying the grill I got some alum with holes and used it as a bracket to lower the horns an inch and a half. Grill goes in and they are only slightly blocked so still very loud.

I made myself a little "bra" today with some left over plasti dip... still deciding if I like it or not.

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

I think I'll end up fabricating my own grill at some point next weekend, or if I have time this week.

Do not "fab" your own grill. Rotate the horns out and upwards and they will fit.

That front end is sex
Makes me wish I had the MSP lip instead of the DGM.
is that a Subie front splitter?

/shameless thread jack.

i had and didnt really work. i did my own can take pics of how me and my dad did it

Latest posts

Back