Remote Starter Door Bypass?

No you can start the car and it will stay running. when you get in you just put the key in, switch to the on position and tap the brake within like 10s. then you're good to go. I think I took some pictures, I'll have to look.

You know I don't have the pictures, and I'd go downstairs and take a picture but the wife is out of state with the car. Still, you don't have to take anything apart except the fuse cover panel under the glove box. It's a tight squeeze but if yours is like mine you'll see the black wire with the yellow stripe running straight down it, just cut it and your good to go.

Edit: you have to get on your back and look up, it's up in there behind the glove box.

So my wife just took delivery of a 2016 CX-5 and I couldn't believe Mazda would set the vehicle up this way. Question: does anyone know if the yellow-black wire cut works on a push-button start vehicle? I really can't see why it would make any difference but figured I'd check on here before cutting.

Thanks!

I have a 2013 CX-5 GS with OEM remote start. I too was thinking why Mazda designed the remote start to shut the engine when any of the doors were opened. But I realized now that Mazda is somewhat right. First of all, this model has a push button start (no keys) that does'nt lock the steering wheel when you park, shut the engine and bring the fob with you when you get off. Secondly, there are a lot of car computer safety check before the remote start will start the engine. One is, if you leave one of the fob inside the car, the remote starter won't start the engine. And if any of the doors including the hood is open, it won't start. I don't think that by bypassing the door ajar wires could help in keeping the engine running when you open any of the doors. If the door ajar wires are cut, the remote start won't start the engine thinking that one of the doors are open. Last reason is YOU CAN DRIVE THE CAR WITHOUT THE FOB AFTER YOU STARTED THE ENGINE. I just leave my CX-5 the way it is thinking it's for a safety reason. What I do is to remotely start the engine, take my time and before I go, I shut off the engine using the remote. This way, it won't surprise me that the engine shuts off when I open the door. But if someone tried to bypass the door ajar of their 2013 CX-5 (with push button start) without shutting off the engine when opening the door, I would really like to know how you did it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back