2013 / 2014 Mazdaspeed3

Have info or ideas on the next gen MS3? It would be interesting to know where Mazda is going with this platform.

From what I hear from the dealer I deal with, Mazda is going to use the SKYACTIV technology in it and possibly have a diesel option as a drivetrain choice. Don't know about the body style.

Since the CX-5 is based on the 'Mazda 3' platform and has available Haldex AWD, maybe an AWD MS3 is in the cards.

I inquired about the 2013 Mazdaspeed 3:

RE: Product Information - Future Models and Concept Cars [INTR:504442]‏

MazdaCusto​merAssistan​ce@mazdausa​.com

Hello Keith,

Thank you for contacting Mazda. Unfortunately, the specifications and features of the 2013 MAZDASPEED3 have not been announced. Information will be released closer to the release date, which would be approximately fall of 2012.

Should you have any questions or need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 800-222-5500; extension 1138.

Kind regards,

Katherine Kelso
Customer Assistance Representative

> ---- Original Message ----

> Subject : Product
Information - Future Models and Concept Cars
> Date : Fri, 27 Jan 2012 04:51:08 GMT
>
>
> Is there any information on the 2013 Mazdaspeed 3? Are there any changes in specifications?

I would like more info regarding the next gen ms3 also. As of now I'm leaning toward 2011-2013 wrx for my next car.

I wouldn't expect a third generation of the Mazda3 or MS3 with the next model year. I think there's a couple more years to wait before that happens. I also don't think there will ever be an AWD MS3.

I think there is a possibilty of an awd version since the speed 6 has been outed, but they better up the power with all that added weight.

I'll be surprised if they do a "Speed" variant on the 3 again. These variants seem to only run a few years. The Speed 3 is now in its sixth year? Time for another run at the Miata Speed. :D

I think there is a possibilty of an awd version since the speed 6 has been outed, but they better up the power with all that added weight.

What do you mean by outed?

I think Mazda is coming out with a Twin turbo V6 version for the speed6, supposed to produce somewhere around the 350-380hp range.

By outed I mean they stopped making the speed 6, not like they got rid of the 6 all together.

I called Mazda yesterday and was told there would definitely be a 2013 MS3. Production of the 2012's will end between June and July. So anytime after, there should be some news. I don't expect much, but you never know! The 2013/2014 model years have the Focus ST and possibly the Dodge Dart SRT4. 2015 will feature the Focus RS, with a 320 hp 2.3L and RevoKnuckle FWD.

I called Mazda yesterday and was told there would definitely be a 2013 MS3. Production of the 2012's will end between June and July. So anytime after, there should be some news. I don't expect much, but you never know! The 2013/2014 model years have the Focus ST and possibly the Dodge Dart SRT4. 2015 will feature the Focus RS, with a 320 hp 2.3L and RevoKnuckle FWD.

Does anyone have any updates or rumors? Ill be saving my cash for the next gen MS3 for sure.

I hope Mazda has something good for the 2013 MS3! The 2013 Focus ST is stiff competition with 252 hp / 270 ft.-lbs. torque and an overboost feature. Also, Ford Racing will be offering performance parts and it looks like the aftermarket is very promising.

Yea, Mazda should inform their owners of the future of "zoom-zoom". All published information is VERY discouraging. The Sky-D just will NOT cut it for the cx-5 the mazda3(or if they go to the cx-3). Plus they have hinted sky activ for the CX-9, discontinuing the V-6!!! They have not communicated anything heftier than the 170+ Sky-D which would be a dog in the cx-9. Don't even consider the speed3 (or speedcx-3) unless they start talking a new engine. Without the current turbo, it's no more zoom-zoom for Mazda

Last edited:
Back