Codes P2097, P2177 -Rough Idle, Sputtering, Sluggish not being able to build up boost

Pololo_MS3

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Argh!!!!

So after $200.00 spent on diagnosing the problem, the dealer is unable to fix the car... Bunch of "part changers" that's all...

I have these codes P2097, P2177 and car is not driving well at all... They checked:
1) O2 sensors
2) Purge Valve
3) PCM
4) MAF
5) Intake
6) Spark Plugs
7) Fuel Pump

And apparently everything shows that it's working well... What could it be? This happened after I did not drive the car for 11 days due to a Business Trip... Could it be carbon buildup? Bad gas?

The car even almost turned off this morning when leaving the driveway... very sluggish... idle is hard to keep it right...

I only have a MS Intake that's all...

STFT reads 25
LTFT reads 0

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks
Carlos

DTC P02097 -Post Catalyst Fuel Trims Too Rich
DTC P02177 - System Too Lean Off Idle

Check all connections to intake(clamps,vacuum tubes, MAF connections), check rear 02 Sensor(may need replacement/could be failing), check gas cap.

Well they checked all of the above and even disconnected the O2 sensor to measure it and see if the car still has the problem. I might do the gas cap... I already checked all the vacuum connections and nothing, even removed the intake and looked at the MAF as well...This is the reason why I decided to take it to the dealer... but I guess their "computers" could not tell them what is wrong with it as apparently everything is "working"...

In case anyone has this issue in the future, even though the "diagnostic" stated that the O2 sensor was fine, it WAS actually the main issue that caused this problem. Due to the extra amount of gasoline, one of the plugs apparently failed as well so I had to change all the spark plugs.

This problem was not "cheap" to get it fixed especially in a car that it does not even have 45K miles!

Anyways, happy holidays to you all... I already "spent" part of the savings of my future mod -> coilovers.. I guess they'll have to wait. :( :(

Carlos

In case anyone has this issue in the future, even though the "diagnostic" stated that the O2 sensor was fine, it WAS actually the main issue that caused this problem. Due to the extra amount of gasoline, one of the plugs apparently failed as well so I had to change all the spark plugs.

This problem was not "cheap" to get it fixed especially in a car that it does not even have 45K miles!

Anyways, happy holidays to you all... I already "spent" part of the savings of my future mod -> coilovers.. I guess they'll have to wait. :( :(

Carlos
Glad to hear that the issues were resolved!

Back