Room fuse shorting, inside headliner lights dont work and car sterio (Fixable?)

tommyishis8

:
mazda progete 5 2002
I found the light on the inside ceiling of my 2002 mazda protege 5 not working alongside with the sterio. I found the room fuse on inside of the car blown and unreplacable due to shortage. Anyone know a easy quick way to fix the problem- im hoping the shortage is the reason for the the lights and stereo not working but i may be wrong. I can use as much support as you will....

Wrong forum, this is for mazda2 guys...protege guys can probably help you.

You mean the "progete" forum? The OP looks like he was in a hurry to post and did a number on the spelling on his sig at the left.

-Derrick

Something to check is the connection to the alternator; look at the alternator, and make sure the wire's bolt (take off the plastic cover) is screwed in all the way. This can cause the room fuse to constantly blow (it happened to me), and the alternator to eventually not charge the battery.

So... if you have any strange shorts, and if your charge battery light comes on, and your battery voltage is ~12.8, and with the car running is < 13-14, check this connection before assuming the alternator...

I had the same problem then my car wouldnt start and running my battery would read 12.5v, i have not found the solution i think its the alternator

Back