New DD content: It's no Mazdaspeed3, but it'll do...

aMaff

High Speed Low Drag
:
1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder
So obviously the Mazdaspeed3 is the greatest car of all time, reading this forum has definitely taught me that. Sadly, I couldn't afford an MS3. All I could afford right now was one of these:

IMG_20111217_111240.jpg

Woe is me! (rlaugh) 2005 Suzuki SV650 with 6000 miles on it. Only 72 horses under the... well poop, it doesn't even have a hood! Why did I pay money for this thing!? Unlike most 'Speeds, it only drinks regular though. And it'll only get 55 mpg :D
The ride back from picking it up rivaled the drive home when I bought my Protege5, and the S2000... combined, I think. So, SO fun.
Couple more pics for your enjoyment:

IMG_20111217_111225.jpg

And it even fits in the garage!

IMG_20111217_111717.jpg

only 55 mpgs?!?!?!?

That's a great looking bike. Congtrats and enjoy!

The MS3 is still better and faster and awesomer. But I guess it's kinda cool.

It's still no MS3.

Last edited:
Thoughts and observations after 2 days of motorcycle ownership:

1) Holy hell, bikes have got to be the way God intended for man to move. Just so, so much wind in your face (even with a full face helmet, yay vents) and chest awesomeness. Especially on something like this without any real wind protection unless you hunch down on the tank real low.

2) I've gotten more waves from motorcyclists than I have in 7 years of owning a Mazda (5 of those including the Miata) and the S2000.

3) Holy hell will 70 hp move you when you only weigh 550 lbs or so (including my fat @$$).

4) You can't help but feel cool with an armored jacket, helmet, gloves with carbon fiber armor and boots on lol.

5) I used to think v-twins sounded really good. Then I rode on one. They sound amazing "in person," when you've got that music behind you constantly :D

6) Yeah, people really are blind.

7) Now I'm really sad that winter is upon us (but hey, that's the time to buy a bike / roadster / any fair weather fun-mobile), but I'm definitely looking forward to any unseasonably warm days (should have a few this week at a minimum) and spring.

That's all I've got, thanks for tuning in :)

Last edited:
Nice choice :) You need an exhaust on that thing so you can really hear the V. Is this your first bike?

That's the cool thing: It's got an aftermarket (Delkevic) exhaust on it already, so yeah, it sounds good but looks stock. Yes, this is my first :)

Gotcha. It did look stock but was extra shiny so I wasn't sure. There also weren't ugly stickers all over it like bike exhausts like to have. I got my first bike a little over a year ago and it's definitely fun. One thing that caught me once in the early days is watch the slope of the surface you're stopping on. If it's angled across the direction you're stopping a lot, don't put weight evenly on both legs when you stop, put more on the uphill leg :) I got a 96 Suzuki Bandit 600 for $900 as a learner and now I'm thinking it's time to get a grown-up bike. I've always liked the SV but I'm thinking something Italian for my second bike. Enjoy yours :)

Apparently 2 of my Uncles have also bought bikes in the last couple months (against the wishes of their wives(boom07)). 1 picked up a Triumph Tiger 800 XC, and I haven't heard back about what the other one got. Apparently, there's some 2-wheel-itis going through the family (rlaugh)

Last edited:
I figured you would, Enduro girl :p
It's a sharp looking bike for sure

Back