loss of power?

tweety2300

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
so not sure whats going on but it seems as if my car doesnt have any power any more. i have no cel only mod is an sri. anybody have an idea where to start? the only issue that i can think of is my precat is bad could this have something to do with it?

it could and it could be other things too, but you could be dumping lots of fuel...hows your gas mileage been?

gas milage is normal 30-32mpg im using non fouler but its been bad for over a year.
i need to do a compression test but not sure how to do it. i know i can rent the tool from autozone...

Clean the air filter and check the spark plugs for condition. They might need to be changed. Fill up with premium gas next time you need it. Also possible the fuel injectors are getting clogged. That's why using premium gas for next fill up and using a fuel system cleaner can definitely help.

ya looking at air filter it does seem to be pretty dirty and its just a cheap spectre. would it really make that big of a difference?
ive been running premium even after an ecu reset it made no difference which it should have considering its an mp3 ecu and ive been running regular.
it idles fine so egr is ruled out...

These cars run rich brand new from the factory. Are the plugs wet with gas? Is the gap right? Are they oily? Take the dirty air filter off and drive around the block. Should be able to tell real quick if the air filter is the problem.

removing of air filter helped a little bit but not what it should have. what did fix it was switching gas stations same brand different stations i ran all the gas out and put some in it ran it for about 40ish miles reset the ecu and problem fixed. i guess the normal station i use got some bad gas or something?

another question not relating to this at all but i have condensation in my dip stick tube its like a milky white substance. it is not in my oil its only on the stick where no oil is even on it. is there a way to clean it out? i was told that its not a big deal at all it just kinda bugs me

Get an AEM dryflow filter, check your plugs as mentioned, if you still have stock coils and wires I recommend upgrading them. As for the substance on the dipstick, I've honestly never heard of that being normal. Is there oil in your coolant, or water in your oil?

Back