Have automatic access to your phonebook - NO need to manually download each contact!

mihalis

So it is now official...the CX-9 has become my car. Wife got a brand new Ford Fusion SEL as her company car, and I sold my Accord, therefore, I have now become an SUV driver. Not that I mind driving the CX-9, out of all the SUV's out there, I think it is one of the best, that is why I picked it for my wife to drive. But, I never wanted an SUV as my daily driver, nor an automatic, and I now have both (bang)

Regardless, this means having to use the "horrible" Bluetooth system the vehicle has (I say that b/c my Parrot aftermarket Bluetooth on my Accord, worked 10x better). When my wife used it, she had inputed several names that she used on a regular basis, but I thought to myself, there has to be an easier way. I have the iPhone 4. If you hold down the one and only button it has, it gives you voice control, through Bluetooth of the car. You tell the PHONE who want to call, and it dials the person right from your contact list. Then you hear the Bluetooth sound like you just hung up your phone, but in reality, you just re-connected to Bluetooth. It dials the person, and you are all set. This should work with every phone. So the key is, do NOT use the phone or voice button on your steering wheel, but use the voice control button on your phone.

Hope this helps everyone here.

Thanks for the tip. I have never played around with the voice control feature on the iPhone 4. I tried it yesterday and it worked great to call people I hadn't entered into the mazda bluetooth setup. I also discovered that this works great for playing music too if you have your iPhone plugged into the stereo. So if you hold down the button and then say "play nickelback" it will start playing music. It also works for albums as well.

Yes, with the Iphone 4 it will work with playing music (didn't want to consuse everyone with too much info).

Not sure if this will work with the 7's Bluetooth, but if it's the same, it should.

Glad this is working for everyone!

Back