Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: "Last RX-7" by Herblenny

February 21st, 2012 - Not much of an update as I'm waiting for few things to come in to finish up the project..

One thing that did come in is the intercooler core from http://www.bellintercoolers.com/

Waiting on couple of things that are suppose to show up in next 2-3 weeks... Then the car will go through quick changes from that point on..

1993 MB RX-7 Touring "FEED"
    1994 35K miles mint SSM FD (future MS project)
    1991 Eunos Cosmo 20B Type-S blk/blk
    1993 20B Project FD
    http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
    Follow me on Instagram for cool rotary pics and my projects!
    http://instagram.com/herblenny/

February 26th, 2012 - I've bandaid fixed my ignition issue on my MB FD and drove around town today. Also, thought I snap some recent pics with the new hatch and the cleaner look.

March 5th, 2012 - Update from my fabricator Walker Morgan @ MPFab.com
    Walker who's a professional, keeps me updated on the progress on the set up. One of the reason why I think he's a true professional. I've never asked him for a pic and he sends them to keep me informed. Also, he's awesome about meeting his time frame (he's would of finished it all but he's waiting on few things I've ordered.. so, its my fault).

Anyhow, he sent these pics of the wastegate setup.. But there is a chance we might change it up a bit.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

Like the new look.
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

April 5th, 2012 - Its been awhile since I last updated and I have quite a bit to post up.

To start, I got my Radiator and the core from Bell Intercoolers (www.bellintercoolers.com)

MPFab did some quick mock ups to see how its going to line up.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

13bT Mazda B2600i

Ballin!

02 Seabreeze DX

Not interested in a dry sump?

My baby...... Mods: MazdaSpeed 3.5 complete aero Kit, Subi S204 Front lip, MattV 5000K Retrofit, OBX 4-1 header, Catless Greddy SP2 exhaust system , AEM Cold Air Intake, 4-Puck ACT Clutch Kit, Unorthodox Crank Pulley, AWR Engine Mounts, MazdaSpeed Swaybar kit, GTSpec Blue front Tie Bar and Orange H-Bar, Work Emotion 11R 17X8 +35, Dunlop Direzza DZ101 235/45 and BC Racing BR Coilovers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoseProte83 View Post
    Not interested in a dry sump?
    Dry sump for rotary is quite expensive and also requires 2 gallon reservoir tank. I considered it before but just couldn't justify at this point.

April 6th, 2012 - I been also working on the MB FD.

For the MB, I got hold of rare RE-Amemiya dual Dolphin tip catback.

i had a bit of an issue taking the old one out and took 4 hours vs. normal 30-45mins.. All because of this one nut!

Pic of installed catback (bad pic)

April 6th, 2012 Part B - MB Strut tower... AutoEXE

Front was fairly easy to put on.. Minus getting rid of Garfinkle brace.

Rear was bit more challenging as I had to cut the panels.

Before:

During:

After:

I also decided to put the Bose tube back in.. In someways, I kind of missed it

Protege Stance OG Protege03ak46's Avatar
    Donated: $1

aggressive auto culture

Looks amazing. To much good stuff goin on in here
    Build Thread!!!
    - Straights are for fast cars. Corners are for fast driver's-
    PM me for any installation questions, concerns, purchasing questions or anything else regarding aggressive auto culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Protege03ak46 View Post
    Looks amazing. To much good stuff goin on in here
    Thank you!

April 10th, 2012 - Thanks to Chris Ludwig of Ludwig Motorsports (http://www.lms-efi.com/) will be helping me with the EFI solutions. I got these coils from him and going to figure out where I'm going to mount them in the engine bay..

black ops modifications.. AzteCypher's Avatar

2001 Mazda Protege LX

Very cool build!

Founder

Blog Entries
    Wow...That is a MONSTER frackin' turbo, Phil! What are your HP & TQ goals at the wheels with this setup?

The fabrication work truly is beautiful, Walker is definitely an artist!

Is this RX-7 going to be mainly for events like SEMA in addition to Track Duty or are you going to drive it on the street as well...I wonder because of that Monster Turbo and V-mount setup...Also, I'm unfamiliar with Bell Intercoolers, why have you chosen them? Sponsor?

As for your MB FD...Lovin' the new look!

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Wow...That is a MONSTER frackin' turbo, Phil! What are your HP & TQ goals at the wheels with this setup?

The fabrication work truly is beautiful, Walker is definitely an artist!

Is this RX-7 going to be mainly for events like SEMA in addition to Track Duty or are you going to drive it on the street as well...I wonder because of that Monster Turbo and V-mount setup...Also, I'm unfamiliar with Bell Intercoolers, why have you chosen them? Sponsor?

As for your MB FD...Lovin' the new look!

Thanks Antione! My goal is 800whp. We shall see if I can achieve this.... on E85 with about 15,000cc of injectors

Anyhow, I'm going to start updating this thread some more..

OK... Well, I'm going to start updating this thread a bit more regularly since I'm starting to wind down.

To start, My event, DGRR 2012 Happened in Mid April and I was concentrating on that..
    We had a great turn out and I think many rotary guys had great time. More information about this event, goto: www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

I also got pulled over by TN LEO.. but did finally got to drive on the Dragon (been 4 years).

The unfortunate part was I blew two PowerFC's the very last day when I was about to roll back home. Luckily help of rotary friends and DGRR sponsors, I was able to limp back home vs. tow truck.

Here are the list of DGRR 2012 sponsors. Please support these vendors who support my event.

13bT Mazda B2600i

Well that makes me really happy to hear that Chris Ludwig is working on this!

Ive been in contact with him fir certain things, and u using him helps in my decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by mymmeryloss View Post
    Well that makes me really happy to hear that Chris Ludwig is working on this!

Ive been in contact with him fir certain things, and u using him helps in my decisions...
    Chris Ludwig is a great guy and I highly recommend him for any wiring you need. I like how professional he is and how he handles his business.. Very rare to see such a professional in today's plethora of so called 'professional' shops/companies.

Anyhow, during my time off, I made a carbon license plate for the SSM 99 bumper... Finally!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast