Project: "Last RX-7" by Herblenny

Not much update over the weekend so here is a random pic of my MB FD :)

MBFD1-2.jpg

January 19th, 2012 - Few pics of the update...

Interior.. took the dash out and put just the rebar to hold the steering column in place..

Project1-18-1218.jpg

Also installed my Ti Catback

Project1-18-1206.jpg

And my MB FD was featured in S3 Mag and they are using one of the photo of my car on their website..

S3Mag.jpg

www.s3mag.com

I have a ton of photos of the new set up tomorrow...

I cant wait to see it when its done.. and your MB FD is one of my favorite FD ever.

Thanks! That means a lot!

Here are more updates...

January 20th, 2012 - Update from my fabricator's work. Walker Morgan from www.MPFab.com did an awesome job on these parts.

Project1-18-1203.jpg

Project1-18-1204.jpg

Project1-18-1201.jpg

Project1-18-1202.jpg

Downpipe :)

Project1-18-1209.jpg

Project1-18-1215.jpg

Project1-18-1214.jpg

Project1-18-1210.jpg

Inside the DP.. you could almost see through..

Project1-18-1208.jpg

Project1-18-1207.jpg

Attention to detail is fantastic but that is what seperates the Builders from the Bodgers
keep up the good work and the regular updates

Attention to detail is fantastic but that is what seperates the Builders from the Bodgers
keep up the good work and the regular updates

Thanks! So far so good.. hope I don't run into any issues :)

More Update!

January 22nd, 2012 - I've ordered a new wastegate from a friend from the past who owns www.znperformance.com

Gave me a great deal the Tial 44mm MVR wastegate!

ZNPerformance2.jpg

ZNPerformance3.jpg

www.znperformance.com

While I was at it, I also ordered one of these from ZNPerformance..

ZNPerformance1.jpg

What's the last thing.

Diff Cover to expand volumn an also you can add cooler if you need to.

January 27th, 2012 - Not much update... I got my new tires the other day and just dropped them off this morning to get it mounted. There is only one place in Bham, AL that I would let people touch new wheels... and only because they have the right machine to do so... Corgi Artiglio Master and Hunter load balancer. This shop also uses special weight for your wheels.. expensive, but worth it!

Wheel Spec: The New WORK CR Ultimate 18x9.5 Front and 18x10.5 Rear

Tire Spec: Toyo Tires, R888 - Front 255/35, Rear 295/30

WORKTOYO.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a tab on my chrome browser reserved just for this epic thread...(rockon)

Love it, Phil...Thanks for sharing your final RX-7 project on Mazdas247...I really appreciate it...Can't wait for more updates! (2thumbs)

nice build going on here!! looks good. ill be following this one. but i know NOTHING about the rotor engine lol

Niiiiiiice. What do you daily if you mind me asking.

I daily Acura TL

I've had a tab on my chrome browser reserved just for this epic thread...(rockon)

Love it, Phil...Thanks for sharing your final RX-7 project on Mazdas247...I really appreciate it...Can't wait for more updates! (2thumbs)

No Prob Antoine! More coming :)

February 3rd, 2012 - Few things happened since last update...

Toyo R888s are mounted on the new wheels and now back at the house.

R888.jpg

20b stainless flange is machined flat and ready.

20bflange1-1.jpg

All the exterior plastics have been pulled and fenders are on for test fitting.

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

and testing out the bumper..
update3.jpg

February 12th, 2012 - Not much update as I been spending my spare time trying to get my old house in order and put it back on the market. Some idiot kicked down my door to the garage and I had to get that fixed and been painting the interior to update the house a bit... This housing market is killing me and I need to sell this so I can dump it in to this project.

Anyhow, Only car thing I did since last update...

Put these Mazda posters I had (for about 7 years) in my garage..

posters1a.jpg

posters1.jpg

And got my spoilerless hatch painted MB and mounted (pics later).

February 16, 2012 - Not much update as I'm currently waiting on parts to finish the V mount set up and such..

Mean while, I'm working on my MB RX-7... Took the CF hatch and the wing and now... going wingless...

sorry for the bad pic.

wingless.jpg

Latest posts

Back