Clicking sound when trying to start (starter or battery?)

casey.adams

:
2007 Mazda CX 7
2007 Mazda CX-7. 76k Miles.
This is the second time I have had this problem. Car running fine, drove somewhere, got out for 10-30min, went to leave and the car would not start. Just makes a repeating clicking sound with the key turned. As if the starter is not getting enough juice. I have had the battery tested and the battery and charging system are fine. The quick fix for both times this happened was to jump the car. With a second battery hooked up it starts right up.
I have read a few sites and people have the same issue (clicking sound when trying to start). But I never saw any1 say they jumped it, so with me being able to jump it, should I even look at the starter / connections on the starter or should I be looking at the battery for my solution? (Where is the starter located as well, I have not looked for it yet but recently cleaned my EGR valve, is it in the same area?)

Thanks so much in advance. Really hope to get this fixed, next will be my VVT, (clicking sound while driving, sound speeds up with the RPMs).

Battery. 90% of the time.

my speed6 was testing within the "ok" specs, but it wouldn't start it. new battery and everything's golden.

Back