Transfer case Leaking

MAZDASP6

:
MAZDA SPEED 6
My 06 MS6 transfer case is leaking. The car has only 58,000 miles on it. No warranty on the car. Yeah I know my ass out. Is there a DIY on how take it off and reseal it. I know it's a lot of work. I've have search, but can't find nothing. Can someone help me out?

I had a 3rd party tech tell me mine was leaking too, but then asked about it at a Mazda dealer that I trust (as far as you can trust one). The tech there said it wasn't leaking, it was "weeping" and it is normal for these cars. I was out of warranty at that point, so he had no real reason to turn down the work. I dunno how much yours is leaking/weeping so it might be more serious, but it might not be as bad as you think.

My 06 MS6 transfer case is leaking. The car has only 58,000 miles on it. No warranty on the car. Yeah I know my ass out. Is there a DIY on how take it off and reseal it. I know it's a lot of work. I've have search, but can't find nothing. Can someone help me out?
Yeah it's quite a common problem. I bought mine and immediately had it done under warranty, that was 60k miles ago and is still dry under there. But like OJ said, "weeping" is ok.

transfer case leak

Hey, whats up did my 60k major service changing all fluids ,during the process found transfer box oil very low which was due to a major leak, when it was refilled i found it was leaking from the casing ,i am a master tech but just dont like working on my own s*** ,so i went to home depot & got a can of flexible rubber leak repair spray ,applied it after cleaning all oil residue from xfer box ,it's now been 5k mile after repairs & no more leak for me ,so that was my repairs to solve my transfer case leak ,thank you home depot again ha ha haaaa. good luck to all .

Back