ebrake light problems and heater problems

josh182

:
Mazdaspeed Protege #381 Black Mica
I did some searching and wasnt really able to find anything helpful and was hoping someone here could help out.

A few days ago my friend replaced my caliper on my passenger side front. Afterwards whenever i brake it causes my ebrake lgiht to come on and stay on until ive driven for a minute without the brake, and it continues to come back on. does anyone know a reset or some reason why this could have been affected?

The primary reason for this needing to be fixed is the turbo timer that was installed on my car by the previous owner is triggered by both ebrake and brake pedal being engaged, it unlocks doors, beeps twice and if i were to turn the key to an off position the car would remain running.

This causes my car to beep and constantly lock and unlock while driving and flash my headlights. id like to get this fixed before cops think that i am flashing oncoming cars. Thanks for all your help and i hope this is in the right forum. is there a possible way to have this reset or am i better off going to a place that installs alarms?

HEAT
my protege only has 40k miles and im really hoping its nothing major wrong, but my heat simply doesnt work, defrosters etc. the knobs for location (one to the far right) doesnt even turn all the way into the positions labeled. im guessing when the previous owner pulled the dash apart to wirre the headunit he may have messed something up with the heat? if anyone has any idea what that may be itd be much appreciated

Thanks!

Check the brake fluid, it's probably low which triggers the Brake light. For the heat, make sure the cables that control the HVAC controls behind the dash are hooked up to the studs they belong on.

is there anything specific to look for with heater cables, last time we pulled it apart it was tough to see what exactly we were looking for, im in no way electrical knowledgeable haha. and now that i think of it it may be brake fluid. i guess when we drained the line he may of forgotten to add enough, Thanks man, i feel dumb now haha

The cables aren't electric, they are mechanical. They are metal wires covered in black plastic, one runs to the driver's side by the gas pedal and the other runs behind the glove box.

alright thanks man, were going to check on the thermostat too, once thats fixed the only thing left is to stop it from burning oil hah

Back