Will's 1991 Classic Red NA6 Thread

R-package front lip installed:

399525_10100331745950552_1410821694_n.jpg

I just ordered the same one for ours, front and rear! You have one of the nicest NA Miata's Ive seen in a long time. Driven like it should be and well taken care of

Thank you very much! :D It's way more fun to drive the way they were meant to be driven!

Agreed! Ours is mainly just for bummin around and cruising. Never been on the track, but would love to try autocross or something alike sometime!

It's an addiction so be careful what you ask for. ;)

I'm not sure how I missed your build until now. Great work so far, any other major plans besides better suspension?

I'd like to catch a ride in your car some time to see how the koni/gc combo is. Though after all my piddling with my koni yellows, I'd be more likely to just go to some decent coilovers eventually.

Thanks a lot Roy! I've done all kinds of messing around with my Yellows. I've found that good bumpstops and maintaining a good ride height (around 12" F/ 12.5" R) greatly improves the ride.

This winter I'm toying with the idea of either getting my front Konis revalved, buying some Koni Races, or just going all out and getting Xidas. Since this car sees so much track/autocross time I want to get up in the 700/400 spring rate range.

Yeah the bumpstops helped...I went with some FCMs. But the H&R race springs on my older car weren't doing me any favors. My new miata has yellows and stock springs, and for my purposes right now, I really like it. My only complaint is my ride height.

I'm antsy for spring so I placed an order with Mazdaspeed this morning:
- All coolant hoses (replacing the radiator this year).
- Upper/lower shift dust boot.
- Competition Motor Mounts! - Been putting these off for too long.
- Bracket/Bolts/Cubby - Finally going to properly re-install the head unit using the JDM 2-DIN bezel.
- New dip stick because I broke the top off mine last year after 21 years, so I figure a new one will last just as long.

I also ordered G2 caliper paint kit to repaint the rotors because the Duplicolor stuff I used last time has not help up whatsoever.

Got the JDM 2 din radio surround from Japan yesterday. :)

imageznw.jpg

Last edited:
Over the weekend I removed all of my calipers and brackets, cleaned 'em up and re-painted them with the G2 stuff. Going to hopefully get everything put back on the car today.

Replaced my upper and lower shift boots with shiny new ones.

Old one:
img3271l.jpg

I installed a parking brake bypass for my head unit, and got everything ready to finish the installation with the new JDM center console. I needed to order an installation sleeve because I threw away the one that came with my radio.

Your Miata looks awesome and I love the history of it. Wish I knew the history of mine, moreso wish it carried such a great history as yours!

Thank you very much!!! I am extremely grateful for the car's history, memories, and the things it's allowing me to continue to do moving forward.

I love the club-course layout at Mid-Ohio! I think I scared my instructors a few times not lifting going into the bus stop.

It's definitely fun, it really helps in the Miata because it forces the Porsches to slow down a little bit. We ran the pro course in the afternoon of Friday... which was my first time running that configuration and I really enjoyed it, probably because it was different.

Memorial Day weekend autocross in Columbus:

Best run from Sunday... (sorry it's so shaky)

Sunday results (P2 out of 9):
diffq.jpg

459999_10100637409014322_1334371994_o.jpg

And... Videos from the May 3-5 track weekend I did.
Lap time: 1:56.74

Personal best ever lap at Mid-Ohio of 1:55.18

Last edited:
Back