Will's 1991 Classic Red NA6 Thread

Pavement looks rough? Although I wouldn't know b/c I've never autocrossed before :(

Probably the most terrible parking lot ever. They had to design the course to avoid holes/loose gravel and ended up even moving an entire section for the afternoon. This particular club couldn't get in their normal lot at this location because part of it was sold.

Last edited:
My fastest lap from this weekend at Mid-Ohio, Saturday morning:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6s2CDzX1_1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1:56.53.

The catalytic converter went bad during the 3rd session Sunday afternoon, now the car doesn't want to rev past 5k rpm without extreme effort.

Thanks! I also put Carbotech XP10s on the front of the car on Saturday and they are awesome. Once they're heated up they stop the car in a hurry!

Placed an order with Jason at Enthuza Car for a new NA racer exhaust and high flow catalytic converter. Jason thinks he can have it in the mail for me next week and with a bit of luck I can get everything installed in time to autocross the 15th!

Removed the OE cat-back exhaust and catalytic converter.

Battery finally bit the dust after not being used for the last 1-2 months so I replaced it with a 6.3lb MagnaPower ETX9 battery from Advance Auto Parts: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...tions-MagnaPower_16940009-P_40_A|GRP60054____

And the Miata also got new Rain-X Weatherbeater wiper blades.

Hopefully Jason will get me that new exhaust and cat so I can enjoy the rest of the summer! :)

Picture of the new battery installed:
photojul1670208am.jpg

Sort of... Just need to get it secured.

I had been planning on getting a OE one from Mazda directly for a long time but at about the 3rd the cost I figured this eBay version will work probably just as well and I won't feel bad if I break it on the track or something.

Received and installed the Enthuza Car racer exhaust and high flow cat yesterday. I am very glad that I didn't get the non-resonated version because that would just be annoyingly loud. As-is the sound is perfection.

Installed front and rear tow hooks from Rennenmetal.com.

Secured the new battery in the trunk using a 4x4 deck tie.

Pictures of all this stuff to come.

I was super relieved when I put my new exhaust on and heard how much it quieted down. Loud cars can be fun, but too loud is annoying as hell. My old exhaust was pure murder. Top up - nothing but drone. Top down - drone, smell, volume. Not enjoyable for any trip over 5 miles.

I need to hear it, I can't decide between the XR and the regular one. The XR sounds awesome on youtube, but I know I won't really get that

I was super relieved when I put my new exhaust on and heard how much it quieted down. Loud cars can be fun, but too loud is annoying as hell. My old exhaust was pure murder. Top up - nothing but drone. Top down - drone, smell, volume. Not enjoyable for any trip over 5 miles.

Yeah I think that's what the non-resonated version would have been. I drove it to work with the top down this morning and at cruising speed there was no drone at all. Haven't driven with the top up yet.

I need to hear it, I can't decide between the XR and the regular one. The XR sounds awesome on youtube, but I know I won't really get that

Mine is more closely related to the speeder. I can't say how the turbo would effect the sound though. I'll be at the NORA/ASCC autocross this Sunday, Evan told me that you were going too?

R-package front lip installed:

399525_10100331745950552_1410821694_n.jpg

Exhaust comparison:
576168_10100331745591272_1565457076_n.jpg

Exhaust installed:
529052_10100331745691072_1491084931_n.jpg

555003_10100331745805842_986776008_n.jpg

Back