CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will's 1991 Classic Red NA6 Thread

Classic Red 1991 Miata, Magnetic Gray Metallic 2014 Tacoma

Nickel or bronze. I already have silver RPF1s so I think something a little different would be the way to go.

2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1

Bronze on red cars looks good... but that's personal preference.

(I painted my 17's bronze)
    MOCO ~ Mazda Owner's Corral Operations

"I always say, the best Lamborghini is the Audi R8. "

My Fiat 500 Abarth
    My Mazdaspeed Miata Build Thread
    My '74 BMW Thread
    In Ohio? Check us out!
    My Travel Blog - The Chronicles of Phen

I know I like bronze on read but the 949 bronze is a little dark so I'm still on the fence about it.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

WillD, so happy to hear your Dad is still around and enjoying his Porsche. The photos are just great and I envy you both for going the extra efforts to actually "race" you cars! Like many guys, racing remains a fantasy that I have had for many years. When we had Riverside Raceway out here in So. Cal., I would try to make it to whatever racing was going on out there. By todays standards, Riverside was out in the "boonies", with more dirt than paving for the spectators to get around the various turns and straights. But that made it more fun. You could view all aspects of that course from the many infield places. My hero back then was of course Dan Gurney. He made the esses a straight line! Now we have the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. One of those 2.5 mile tri-ovals that just has seats priced way beyond a normal guys budget. It does, however, offer a couple of great infield road courses for the sports car entusiast racer. Our SOCALM club gets a couple of opportunities each year to drive on the "big track" and what a kick that is for we dreamers! Thanks again for your postings and photos. Looking forward to more!

Registered Member

Hey WillD, on the 7th. photo down, the low angle front view of your beautiful car, there is a mazda decal/sticker on the front bumper. Can you tell me where you got that?

Quote Originally Posted by fxpthl View Post
    WillD, so happy to hear your Dad is still around and enjoying his Porsche. The photos are just great and I envy you both for going the extra efforts to actually "race" you cars! Like many guys, racing remains a fantasy that I have had for many years. When we had Riverside Raceway out here in So. Cal., I would try to make it to whatever racing was going on out there. By todays standards, Riverside was out in the "boonies", with more dirt than paving for the spectators to get around the various turns and straights. But that made it more fun. You could view all aspects of that course from the many infield places. My hero back then was of course Dan Gurney. He made the esses a straight line! Now we have the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. One of those 2.5 mile tri-ovals that just has seats priced way beyond a normal guys budget. It does, however, offer a couple of great infield road courses for the sports car entusiast racer. Our SOCALM club gets a couple of opportunities each year to drive on the "big track" and what a kick that is for we dreamers! Thanks again for your postings and photos. Looking forward to more!
    Thanks! We have a great time taking our cars to the track. One day I want to buy a Spec Miata and retire my current Miata to weekend duty again and get into real racing

I read about a lot of Miata guys going to Buttonwillow have you ever been there?

Quote Originally Posted by fxpthl View Post
    Hey WillD, on the 7th. photo down, the low angle front view of your beautiful car, there is a mazda decal/sticker on the front bumper. Can you tell me where you got that?
    That sticker came from Mazda on all Miatas from 1990-1992. You can get them from Rosenthal Mazda here, but they are quite pricey at $26.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Edited the original post with pictures from a track event at Nelson Ledges in 1998.

Got a powder coated valve cover...

And a Mazdaspeed Miata oil cap...

Weather is getting nicer and I'm dying to get the car back out!

2003 Protege5, 2006 Mazda3, 2015 CX5

^ Very nice!

Donated: $5

Mazdaspeed3

That's gonna look real good!

Thanks! I'm blatantly ripping off the Mazdaspeed Miata's styling

Donated: $5

Mazdaspeed3

Where did you find it? Or is it yours and you sent it out to have it powdered?

"miazda man" from Club Roadster.net did it for me with a cover he already had. I have the option to send him mine for the core charge if I want.

Out of storage as of a couple weeks ago. Oil has been changed and this past weekend I put the racing seats/harnesses back in:

(I also got a padded roll bar cover just before I put it away last year.)

And installed my new seat belt pads that I had custom made 3" wide for my harnesses from Redline Goods:

I didn't realize how good they were going to look (and comfortable) so I'm going to have to get another set from Redline.
    Last edited by WillD; 03-26-2012 at 01:15 PM.

2004 6 Wagon S

Lookin good, Will!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast