Will's 1991 Classic Red NA6 Thread

if you ever decide to get rid of one of the sets of 6ULs, let me know :p

following this thread is a fun read, looks like you had a fun and busy summer!

Thanks Levi! Summers are always busy!

I'd like to replace the silver 6ULs with a set of nickel ones. No word from 949 Racing yet on exactly when the 15x7.5s will be available, just that it will be "early 2015". But, at some point I'll be looking to sell the silver ones. :)

its all good neither of yours are likely as wide as id like to go. i think with the power i want to shoot for with the MSM, its probably wise to just go 15x9 haha

Lol then why did you say to let you know!?

I'd go 15x9s with 225s on your car.

My car was gradually getting louder and louder until last week when something broke and it sounded like a Spec Miata (annoyingly) at WOT. I finally got a chance to get under the car last Wednesday or Thursday and take a look:

q3uaKs.jpg

The driver's side hanger had broken leaving a hole right before the muffler.

nAtpsW.jpg

Took it up to the shop right next door to my house, for a quick weld...They reinforced the hanger with a bolt to form a little triangle of awesomeness. So hopefully that should be good to go for the foreseeable future.

e9hg6G.jpg

It is rapidly nearing the time when I put the car away for the winter. :(

So my Miata has been very slowly leaking oil ever since I swapped the valve cover out for a powdercoated one that I bought from a guy in Florida. Even though I've replaced the gasket 3 times it continues to leak so, I'm convinced that the valve cover is the culprit.

I got my original one powdercoated and as soon as a new gasket arrives I'll be putting that on.

20141016_151330.jpg

Yesterday I went to work on the car with a clay bar, then polished and waxed her. :)

Today I changed the oil, put fuel stabilizer in the tank, moved her into her winter home and covered her up. :(

Now begins the long wait until spring...

14889195857_39051768ba_b.jpg

And... two of my R1Rs started showing cords yesterday. So perfect timing there. :)

Shaved 195 Hankook RS3s for next year.

Last edited:
Yesterday I went to work on the car with a clay bar, then polished and waxed her. :)

Today I changed the oil, put fuel stabilizer in the tank, moved her into her winter home and covered her up. :(

Now begins the long wait until spring...

14889195857_39051768ba_b.jpg

And the withdrawals have begun! Put Spicy up last Tuesday!

Thanks! I ordered an AEM F/IC6 with boomslang harness, so that is officially my last item on the list. Just need to get it installed and tuned this spring.

I also picked up a spare VLSD.

She came out of hibernation on Saturday, now with a new garage mate:

17135717295_e5a06c5827_b.jpg

New oil and filter, installed the battery, and slapped on the summer rubber and she is good to go.

The racing seats got temporarily donated to the Spec Miata so I'm back to the stock seats (which are terrible). The harnesses were permanently removed since this car is most likely retired from track duty.

So... NO updates in this thread all summer! I was extremely busy with my new ride:

U1sAgZ.jpg

After prepping the red Miata about 90% of the way to STS rules, I decided that I'm never going to autocross again! I sold my F/IC-6 piggyback ECU and extra viscous limited slip, removed the racing seats and harnesses and never put them back in. This entire summer I just used the red car as a weekend cruiser. In fact, I only put around 1000 miles on it! The past couple of summers I put almost 5k!

BUT, since I no longer care about autocross rules I have some new items on my wish list for this car...

- Aftermarket steering wheel with quick release. I'd love to bring the wheel closer to my body.
- New racing seats. I sold the red ones to Patrick. I'd love to get a set of nicer ones like the Sparco Corsa that I have in my Spec Miata.
- Torsen limited slip. I'm seriously considering taking the 4.10 Torsen out of my Spec Miata and installing it in the red Miata. (I need a 4.30 diff for the SM anyways.)

And maybe someday I'll get some 15x8 wheels. Who knows, maybe I'll even go back to RPF1s to be part of the club! :)

So... NO updates in this thread all summer! I was extremely busy with my new ride:

U1sAgZ.jpg

After prepping the red Miata about 90% of the way to STS rules, I decided that I'm never going to autocross again! I sold my F/IC-6 piggyback ECU and extra viscous limited slip, removed the racing seats and harnesses and never put them back in. This entire summer I just used the red car as a weekend cruiser. In fact, I only put around 1000 miles on it! The past couple of summers I put almost 5k!

BUT, since I no longer care about autocross rules I have some new items on my wish list for this car...

- Aftermarket steering wheel with quick release. I'd love to bring the wheel closer to my body.
- New racing seats. I sold the red ones to Patrick. I'd love to get a set of nicer ones like the Sparco Corsa that I have in my Spec Miata.
- Torsen limited slip. I'm seriously considering taking the 4.10 Torsen out of my Spec Miata and installing it in the red Miata. (I need a 4.30 diff for the SM anyways.)

And maybe someday I'll get some 15x8 wheels. Who knows, maybe I'll even go back to RPF1s to be part of the club! :)

its so much more fun modding the car the way you want and not worrying about a silly class for autocross haha

its so much more fun modding the car the way you want and not worrying about a silly class for autocross haha

We shall see! Having to follow rules limited the number of things I can do. Now, the sky's the limit! ;)

I've thought about it. Maybe in a couple more years.

I've thought about it. Maybe in a couple more years.

you can come take a ride in mine this spring. after the build and tuning it should be a fun handful haha... and maybe enough to tempt you to the world boosted miatas

Last edited:
Back