Mazda 2 Sub/Amp Placement Picture Thread! (Sticky?)

shaowq

:
2011 Mazda 2 Sport MT
I'm sure I'm not the only one that is interested in putting in an aftermarket sound system into their Mz2 but we all know that first of all SPACE is a huge issue, along with weight of an already low HP car.

I thought it would be a good idea for people to share their own ingenuity when it comes to clever placement of things like amps and sub boxes and so forth.

I for one know of a place called Elemental Designs, where they will actually take whatever specs that you have and can/will build you a custom box and have their own shallow mount subwoofers and so forth that don't cost an arm and a leg if you don't want it to. http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php if their website.

So if you currently have an aftermarket system with amps/subs in your car, please post pictures of where you have placed everything. And if you don't mind sharing, also where you got your boxes and mounting items, along with what equipment you're using and how they sound in your own opinion.

Mods, can we keep this in the audio section stickied please cuz it's audio specific?

due to space/weight issues all i added soo far was a basstube... next time im down in my hatch ill take a pic and post it...

I agree with the sticky.
I'm going to get a system installed when I get all my in dash stuff shipped in. Since cartoys is having a sick holiday sale I'd like to know if there are clever ways to save space.

Maybe using the spare tire wheel well? Or installing flush woofers under the back seat bench?

with elemental designs, i was going to put a box underneath both front seats or take 1/4 of the "trunk space" on the side and get a perfectly fitted sealed box and throw my amps underneath the front seats mounted on custom pieces so they don't slide around, and so people don't accidentally kick the amps and unplug something

ya dont put the subs under the seat, put the amps they're as long as they have sufficient cooling room, or they'll be overheating and breaking all the time... it happened to a friend of mine in his Civic. the spare tire removal / sub install has been done before it seems like it might be the way to go for us, with the little bit of room we have http://integramod.tripod.com/ideas/ideas3.html top of the page is one Pioneer has made to fit in the spare tire well!

the basstube that im running, isint THAT deep/heavy (cant hear it outside of the car at all) but it was cheap untill i figured out what to do on a more permanent scale!

a sub underneath the seat my friends have done in my corolla, but for me one doesn't offer enough bump. In my corolla i was running a 700 watt 12 inch kicker cvr or whatever, in a ported box to it's almost max specs at like 1.25 cu ft, so it bumped really nice, i know that with an open hatch that it will sound better in a smaller box and will sound more crisp in a sealed box...so i'm opting for a smaller box this time...

amps for me will be mounted on 2 pieces of wood underneath the seats so it won't be sitting on straight carpet, i'd pull out the seats and make the wood piece fit perfectly in the space below so that it won't move or slide out of place and allow better cooling cuz it's off the carpet.

I'm in the design phase of my system now. I want to do a single 10" but may tuck it into the rear corner in a custom sealed box, just not sure which side. I'll be sure to post here whenever I get around to it because there seems to be a serious lack of pictures!!

Back