2jz gte fc rx7

turbotim

:
1987 mazda rx7
I am new here, found this forum looking at engine swapped rx7's.
here is my car, I finished the swap last winter and had a fun summer driving it.
hope you like it.
007.jpg
[/IMG]
008.jpg
[/IMG]

turbo 2jzgte
usdm turbos
3inch turbo back exhaust
fmic
cold air intake.
arp head studs
r154 tranny
fidanza aluminum fly wheel
snow performance water meth injection
fuel cut controler
255lb fuel pump
boost controler
boost set at 19 psi, but falls off to 16 after 5k rpm, waste gate springs not holding.
ford 8.8 irs diff, stock mazda diff broke at the start line with a 3500 rpm launch.
stock 2jz ecu.
stock fuel injectors.

car ran 12.8@117mph.
could have ran a better e/t if the tranny wasn't so notchy, wish I spent the money on that 6spd, now.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARl8XRp0FtA

lol ya the oil was there because when I put the engine in it burned oil, due to turbo seals being gone. so I swapped out the jdm turbos for usdm turbos, no more oil burn problem. I forgot to remove it but its not hurting any thing, lol.

Interesting build. What kind of numbers are you putting down on the dyno? Was that a turbo II dif that you broke initially?

Interesting build. What kind of numbers are you putting down on the dyno? Was that a turbo II dif that you broke initially?

never put it on the dyno, but the mph calculator says between 380 and 420 whp depending on which calculator you use, based on car weight and trap speed.
no it was a n/a diff I broke, couldnt take a 3500 rpm launch on a sticky track. the car was a gxl, I just made the decals up cause I thought it would be cool to ad a subtle touch to the car.

sorry to bring this up but i was wondering if you got any pics on how your powersteering hooked up i have the same motor in my fc but im not sure how to hook up the p/s

sorry to bring this up but i was wondering if you got any pics on how your powersteering hooked up i have the same motor in my fc but im not sure how to hook up the p/s

I had the same problem, no one would answer me on the forums, lol.
I think what I did was block the small pressure line down at the rack, the large pressure line threaded right into the jz power steering pump, I ran the return line up to a small custom mounted reservoir and from the res back to the return side of the pump.

the res I used was off a 1g dsm, it was perfect, small enough to fit nicely with out taking up to much room.

I read that you can plum the small pressure line to the return line and this will give you slightly stiffer steering for better feed back when driving.
the way I have my power steering hooked up, the steering feels like an old oldsmobiles power steering, it requires no effort at all to turn it, which kinda sux for cornering, but I am a straight line guy any ways so it dosnt bother me that much.

i have the pump and res in but people on the forums kept telling me diffrent things like plug the small hole and use the rack that way and other people say put a odd (T) in and run it like that i just can never get a real answer i plan on useing the car for drifting so i would like to be able to handle the counter steer and im not that big of a guy thanks for giving me a real answer because i keep being spun in circles

this is how my p/s is hooked up top line is return middle line is high pressure 3rd is pluged is that right only reason i ask is because it seems like its not doing anything but im not sue if maybe the pump is shot does that look kinda like how yours is plumbed

Attachments

• 100_0872.jpg
    100_0872.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,253
Awesome swap! I drift an fc with a LS6 but I'm now building a 2JZ. I was wondering what mounts you used or if you made your own? The only place I've found that makes a kit is tech2motorsports.

Awesome swap! I drift an fc with a LS6 but I'm now building a 2JZ. I was wondering what mounts you used or if you made your own? The only place I've found that makes a kit is tech2motorsports.

What swap kit did you use or did you have to make your own mounts?

So I'm doing a 2jz swap in my fc but im stuck in the wiring of the interior loom, anyone have any pin outs?

Back