EGR DELETE??? Has Anybody done it

noyesboy

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
So i have read about cleaning the egr valve so it will hopefully smooth out the idle and what not, but has anybody just completely takin off the egr valve and put a plate over the hole and takin the tube off from the intake manifold. You could just leave it plugged in so u dont throw a code i wouldnt think that it would be able to identify that it wasnt attached.

Also has anybody done the spark plug nonfouler mod for the O2 sensor on our MSP's??? Does it work? Do u have a better solution? I saw a thread about putting in a resistor and a capacitor but people were saying that it worked for a little while but then threw a code for it again, so dont want to have to keep rewiring it every couple weeks.

I am also wondering what size pipe your using on your msp hot and cold side pipe along with what size downpipe, and how much boost your pushing(factory turbo or Bigger Turbo?)Im wanting to get all new pipe made all 2.5" hot and cold side and want a 3" pope downpipe, my exhaust is dumped its really short now but with the factory S and J pipe its not Reallly loud it like how it sounds now but its dumped right at the drivers seats with a turndown on the end, but i know going with the 3" pope DP it will be RETARDED LOUD!!! So i will have to have it go at least to the back seats.

Just trying to livin up the forum with some questions im sure some have thought about or have already asked, but i couldnt find info on

EGR has been done on cars running a standalone... not sure if anyone has done it on the stock ecu

non rouler for 02 has been done

I think most cars run 2.25 hot and 2.5 cold pipe

No he hasn't dummy. Lol j/k. And he just capped the exhaust side and let's the actual egr just suck fresh air. That's what I'm doing too.

As far as deleting it. You need a standalone. The valve has to be plugged into the harness and sensing a vacuum source in order to not get a check engine light.

Last edited:
A. You're probably going to get a 'P0401: EGR insufficient flow' if you just leave it dangling there still connected to the factory harness

B. I don't know why you'd necessarily want to do it, unless you're modified like crazy.

C. You can install a resistor in practically any input sensor as long as you know what the components resistance is supposed to be.

D. I'm 2.5" hot and cold.

E. I'm still running the OE Garrett GT25 on factory boost levels, but since installing the FMIC, I run at about 7.5-8psi, and will sometimes peak to almost 9psi. I had the wastegate fail on the GT25, and had planned on replacing it with a GT28RS, but after removing the GT25 I found that I could "repair" it.

F. The previous owner had the exhaust coming from the catalytic converter, straight-piped to the rear, right wheel well with 2.5" piping, but when I picked the car up it had nothing after the converter- I ended up driving 250 miles with no exhaust. My girlfriend ******* hated it. LOL. I have sinced rerouted it back to factory routing, but with straight pipe back to the OE Racing Beat muffler.

do you hace a picture of this? ive been considering doing it when i do my header but i didnt want to del with the cel. does it really even make a difference of anything? other than the hassle of reconnecting it when you remove the exhaust manifold

does it really even make a difference of anything?

I can't imagine this would make any noticeable difference unless you're highly modified. I'd really like to see some dyno sheets with tuned with EGR vs. tuned w/o EGR on a mildly modified car. Hell, even on a fully built car I'd like to see it. I would think that advancing the ignition timing to compensate for the change in combustion temperatures would negate the need for deleting the EGR system. But that's just my reasoning. Anyone else?

Yeah you will throw a po401 code if you do it......it will throw this code it means EGR flow insufficient...

I can probably get a pic later. No noticeable gains.

I'm more interested in the idea of a resistor to delete it completely

I can probably get a pic later. No noticeable gains.

I'm more interested in the idea of a resistor to delete it completely

|E-C-A|
|F-D-B| <---Connector Pin-out for EGR

Resistance C-E (20-24ohms)
C-A (20-24ohms)
D-B (20-24ohms)
D-F (20-24ohms)

E. I'm still running the OE Garrett GT25 on factory boost levels, but since installing the FMIC, I run at about 7.5-8psi, and will sometimes peak to almost 9psi. I had the wastegate fail on the GT25, and had planned on replacing it with a GT28RS, but after removing the GT25 I found that I could "repair" it.

F. The previous owner had the exhaust coming from the catalytic converter, straight-piped to the rear, right wheel well with 2.5" piping, but when I picked the car up it had nothing after the converter- I ended up driving 250 miles with no exhaust. My girlfriend ******* hated it. LOL. I have sinced rerouted it back to factory routing, but with straight pipe back to the OE Racing Beat muffler.

Yeah i have a fmic but i run 10-12 lbs right now, and after putting in my ssafc i hope i can get it a little more steady out 12lbs.I definately foresee a GT28RS in my future
Has anybody seen a good price on a GT28RS??? Protegegarage has one for 1200 and it looks a hell of alot better then all those ones on ebay, but if its cheap enough id be down to buy and try it out

Yeah thats probably part of the reason i dont have a girlfriend haahha honestly its not that bad, i'll post a video when my lsd gets here of the car and the stuff im putting in right now and of it running after we get it all put back together

So can you do it without getting a cel or not? Without the whole resister stuff. One says you can rest say no

So can you do it without getting a cel or not? Without the whole resister stuff. One says you can rest say no
I'm not saying Michael is wrong/lying, but I can't imagine how you wouldn't get one. P0401 is what I would imagine you would get...

I do not have an EGR, but as was stated.. I have replaced all of my Factory EMS with a HALTECH SP1000.

I know HKpro5 ( i'm pretty sure it was him) has cut his EGR tube and put a filter on it. Either way the EGR only opens at part throttle and while cruising so aside from keeping exhaust from recirculating through the engine and worse emissions there is no reason to delete it. No power to be gained.
As for FMIC piping I have 2.5" the whole way

I do not have an EGR, but as was stated.. I have replaced all of my Factory EMS with a HALTECH SP1000.
Yeah, but we're talking about a "Regular Joe" with light to moderate modifications.

You won't get a check engine light. Like stated me, justanothermp5, and hkpro5 are all running with the egr ducking fresh air and a cap on the exhaust side with no check engine light.

Latest posts

Back