MSP not moving??? New clutch kit, still not moving???

Jason94Cobra

:
03.5 MSP and 94 Cobra
Blew out my clutch (or thought I did Thursday night after work @ 103,290 miles), towed to my favorite trans shop in Austin... currently my only car street legal so I needed it back ASAP so they ordered OEM replacement parts... disc, PP, TOB, etc...

All replaced... car still won't move... Ideas???

Car can go through gears, but letting off the clutch doesn't let the car move...

car in gear and turning one wheel makes them both turn...

baffled... :(

sounds like you blew your diff, its a pretty common thing for MSP's.

Both wheels turn with the car in gear and you spin one...

I was wondering about the diff though... If anyone knows of a link quickly where someone might have taken some pictures I would love to see them... I will try the search function but that thing seems to send me EVERYWHERE... and I get frustrated...

yep. something blew up in my transmission and the mfactory was the only thing that survived the ordeal. great piece of work that thing.

Both wheels turn with the car in gear and you spin one...

I was wondering about the diff though... If anyone knows of a link quickly where someone might have taken some pictures I would love to see them... I will try the search function but that thing seems to send me EVERYWHERE... and I get frustrated...
Its not the internals that break, so the LSD is still linking both wheels, its what links the wheels to the transmission that breaks. People actually weld that piece onto the body of the differential to attempt to stop it from happening again, but upgrading the diff is really the only way to guarantee it

Back