Almost a new MS6 owner - stumbles under hard accel.

TurboFord

Hi,

I need some help. I found an 06 ms6 online with 65,000 miles. I talked to the dealer, decided I wanted it and drove 3 hours to go check it out. Got to the dealer late last night so not a lot of time to check it out. I did take it for a drive. Car idles fine, clutch felt good, no leaking fluids, it drove great, straight down the road, no weird noises going straight. And then, I pull onto the highway, get on it and damn did it stumble. Not just once either. It kept doing it under hard acceleration. It reminded me of my old Merkur when it was starved for fuel.
I did see a few posts about the HPFP and also an ECU reflash. What are the chances this car has an issue with one of those 2 items? The other issue I discovered is the car is noisy when making hard left turns. Almost sounds like a tire rubbing. I did not find any evidence of any tires rubbing. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

well when i was getting misfires i wouldn't get a cel untill i held the throttle for a good few extra seconds.
what i did to make it go away was randomize my spark plugs and my coil packs. i mean took plug from cyl 1 and put in spot 4, plug 4 went to cyl 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 1. and did something similar to coil packs, except i just rotated each coil pack to the left. i wrote them down to see if the problem transferred cylinders, but i had a misfire code to go off of.

My car stumbles when I feed it supreme gas that it's not >93 octane. Only Petro Canada carries 94 octane in Quebec, therefore sometimes I am stuck with 91 octane and the car does not like that. It mostly happens 4th gear and up. But it could be a number of things. The tire noise when turning could be a wheel bearing or simply crap tires (like my Sunny S3000...). Search the forum for the specific symptoms. My advice would be not to buy it unless you're getting a spectacular price and you can fix stuff yourself. Good luck

could have been old gas or there could be a plug hole filled with water if they washed the engine bay out...

i had the same problem the day i picked my car up at the dealer. as soon as i got onto an onramp and got on it it fell right on its face. i had to force a CEL light by just accelerating through the stumble. i know that my car was started for a few miniutes each night to bring it inside so it never got to operating temp for about 2 weeks. i had the dealer replace all the coils and plugs with factory parts and i havent had the problem since. these MS6's do not respond well to sitting for long periods. oh and have your cats checked after you fix the stumble. mine clogged because of the raw fuel getting dumped. cats are still covered under the 8 year 80,000 mile warranty

Back