Pictures: Winter Setup - Drag DR 38 18x8 & Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 245/60/18

Yeah, I am suprised at how well the Blizzaks have held up on the CX9. Definatley worth every penny. I am on Season 2 with Hankook RW11 iPikes on the Saab, and they look brand new as well. I think as long as you rotate, they'll last at least 4yrs. LOL, 8 yrs if you only drive 6K on them.

I have no issues with used ones, as long as they are tested and guarenteed to work :). I have used ones in the Snaab, no issues at all. Just make sure they'll mate with the CX9 (all newer Mazda should be the same though). Go onto Rock Auto and see if they list a part number and then compare to see if that matches ebay.

(2thumbs) great idea! Thanks for all the help man.

So, I just ordered some TPMS from ebay, $60 bucks used for 4, guaranteed tested, etc. Those should come in middle of next week.

In the mean time, I was curious what the 9 would look like with my RSF5 17's, so here is tire rack's crappy render:
RSF5onCX-9TIRERACKRENDER_zps7ee2cc06.jpg

And my similarly hasty photoshop with the actual DM-V1 and actual RSF5's (shopped from a side picture of my 6) all hobbled together. Monster truck status:
RSF5onCX-9JPG_zpsaa1a7d1c.jpg

Conveniently, TireRack's stock image of the tire is a P245/65R17, so I know how meaty it will look:
DM-1VFull_zps6e08acbf.jpg

Last edited:
So, I just ordered some TPMS from ebay, $60 bucks used for 4, guaranteed tested, etc. Those should come in middle of next week.

In the mean time, I was curious what the 9 would look like with my RSF5 17's, so here is tire rack's crappy render:

And my similarly hasty photoshop with the actual DM-V1 and actual RSF5's (shopped from a side picture of my 6) all hobbled together. Monster truck status:

Conveniently, TireRack's stock image of the tire is a P245/65R17, so I know how meaty it will look:

Lol, nice. We'll see how the actual monster truck looks when done.

Indeed. It's a little bit of a crappy 'shop job, since the grass was in the way. But the weather was atrocious this last week so I wasn't gonna get another shot :)

I plan on getting the tires mounted up next weekend most likely, and will probably put them on in December, ready to go for the peak of winter.

Hey voldsom, can you please let me know how you program the TPMS sensors, thanks.

Just an update for anyone following, finally retired the Blizzaks from the CX9. They lasted for me 8 winters, and still have about 7/32 left. But 7/32 is where the Winter Tire wear marker is, so I decided to sell them (for someone to use as All Seasons) and put snow tires on my 20" wheels instead (as we are likely to sell within the next year anyway, and the summer tires were cupped badly).

Back