Wound up trading in the 2012 M5GT for a 2012 MazdaSpeed3 Touring w/ Tech Package

I wound up trading in the Mazda5 GT in Clear Water Blue Mica for a velocity red, 2012 MazdaSpeed3 Touring with a tech package. I am going to miss my Mazda5 GT, it was really a nice car, only wished that the GT trim had 6 speed like the Sports trim with more horsepower.

I am really sad that I traded, I really liked the Mazda5. So now I have the MazdaSpeed3 in velocity red and though it's beautiful, I am wondering if I should have went with the gray one instead for that stealth look.

There are some things I would like Mazda have put in which is the heated seats and a sunroof, which I may put in aftermarket later on. Not 100% sure if I want to put in aftermarket sunroof however, just never the same as the factory ones.

Anyway, just getting used to the 6 speed shifter but noticed that the average consumption was hitting low 30's driving within the speed limit, I thought that was really cool. Couldn't get past above 27 on the Mazda5 which probably was the weight.

Anyway, just getting used to the Speed3.

Imo all the colors for the speed3 look great. I'm a huge Mazda fan (own three of them), but the 5 would be at the bottom of my list. While I have three kids, i'm not a minivan fan. Get some dark tint, that'll really change the look of your ride. Congrats!

Okay, here's the quick snapshot of the 2012 MS3 Touring with Tech Package at the dealer. It was already past 10PM EDT when we finished the paperwork. Salesman forgot to give me the second set of remote / key for the MS3 which I need to pickup as well as my all season mats. I couldn't get them to cough up the all season cargo mat which I'd like to get as well eventually.

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Touring and Grand Touring model in terms of what features that are missing on the regular Touring w/ Tech?

Attachments

• 2012 MS3 Touring.jpg
    2012 MS3 Touring.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 228
There is no Grand Touring 2012 model. All Speed 3's are Touring and the only package option is the Tech Package. It's been like that since the 2010 models... only 1 trim level.

That's great news, thanks Tyderstorm. I am all psyched with my new toy last night, only got few hours of sleep LOL. Thank goodness that there's an invention called coffee!
There is no Grand Touring 2012 model. All Speed 3's are Touring and the only package option is the Tech Package. It's been like that since the 2010 models... only 1 trim level.

Happy to hear that you got the MS3! Velocity Red is an awesome color (and it's faster ;)).

As bigriver said, I'm not a fan of minivans either, but if there ever was one that I would buy it would be the Mazda5. It doesn't even really look like a van IMO. My fiancee would never allow it though. :D

congrats on the spd3. it will out handle the 5 ands much faster. its still a 5door and you can put a vcar seat in the back, so the spd is still a family car. lol. the spd3 is like nascar met the family guy.

Back