Brand New Mazda 3 i Touring

Narimon

:
2012 Mazda 3 i Touring
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased my first new car and decided on a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback. I will be driving it home for Christmas in December and making it a road trip of about 2500 mi. Then, in 2012, I will be driving to the east coast from Texas. Does anyone have any suggestions on anything to prepare for the trip or just any all-around advice for a new car owner.

Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know where I can find the specs such as bulb type for HID conversion?

Last edited:
First of all, welcome to Mazdas247!!!! (2thumbs)

Congrats on your new purchase, nothing like a nice long road trip (or 2) to break in a new car ;) I wouldn't expect that you would have any problems with a brand new car but it never hurts to have some basic tools on hand in case something goes wrong. Don't forget that you have roadside assistance through Mazda as well.

Congrats on the new 3! I'm serious considering trading in my 2010 MZ3 i-touring sedan for one of these i-touring/grand touring hatchbacks. As far as HIDs are concerned, just pick up a set from DDMtuning.com; it's straight plug n play with no extra harnesses (get the 35W Slim Ballasts).

Do anyone have a Mazda 3 with the skyactiv? I'm looking at the head lights and I don't see much room where the ballasts can go...

I still have a craftsmen tool set that has everything I need for what I know how to do.

Do anyone have a Mazda 3 with the skyactiv? I'm looking at the head lights and I don't see much room where the ballasts can go...

I still have a craftsmen tool set that has everything I need for what I know how to do.

I used heavy duty velcro to attach the ballasts to the fender underside. I would assume the engine bay didn't really change that much more than the regular 2.0L/2.5L engines.

Back