Familia Sport 1.5 VVT 5 door.

Mazdabeans

:
Mazda Familia 1.5vvt
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice on servicing a '98 Japanese import Mazda Familia Sport AKA 323F 1.5. The engine is slightly unusual in that it's got variable valve timing and from research a fair bit more power than the comparable 1.5 323F sold here in Ireland back in 1998. The red line starts at 7,500rpm so maybe the tolerances are different from the 1.5 88bhp that was officially sold here. As far as I can make out this engine was never officially sold in the EU so I'm wondering what spark plugs and oil I should use.
Also, I'm looking to buy a tool kit for these kinds of jobs as I'm not living on farm anymore and I'd like something that's good value and that'll be there when I need it. Some suggestions on the best service kits would be very welcome.

Also, what oil should I use.

Oil :- 10W30 - needed for the vvt to activate properly, anything thicker will give performance issues.
Spark plugs :- NGK BKR5E-II

Craftsmen tools aren't to bad for the price they get the job done but prettymuch any set will be fine for your average tune up or parts replacement. Not sure what brands you got over there but stanley or kobalt are descent tools I have all 3 brands they work fine for me. Hell we have a company called harbor freight they have cheap priced tools they are no snap on but they work. Not sure how much your looking to spend on tools but those are some options you can find them all online.

i always use craftsman tools. they are amazing quality, inexpensive and if you happen to break a craftsman hand tool you can take it to any sears and say you broke it and with no questions asked they will replace it on the spot.

Back