2006 msp6 sputter

andy2816

:
2006 mazdaspeed 6
I have a sputter when starting from a dead stop. once boost kicks in there is no problem. On the highway at 75 mph, and the cruise control on I get a sputter. No loss is speed or rpm just a few sputters in a row. I put in new spark plugs gapped at .025, cleaned the MAF sensor, and ran seafoam through the intake, still sputters. Also have a cel for #4 cylinder misfire. Any ideas on what might be the problem?

i had a random misfire pop up in cyl 1 a while back. i washed my car and must have got the filter wet, i found water in the cylinder, not much just moisture. i took out the plugs, vac'd out the cylinder using a small rubber tube once the car was cool and then just randomized my spark plugs and coil packs. like put coil pack 1 on cyl 4, cil 4 on cyl 2, etc, and the same with the spark plugs but in a different pattern to make sure they were not the cause.

My problem has since gone away, but a new dropping fuel pressure situation has arose :(

Thanks guys i'll look into both of your ideas. What should the proper gap be on the spark plugs? also I've seen some guys going to a one step colder plug. What will this do for me? Any help would be great. Thanks

What type of plugs did you swap in? I changed to some junk ones from autozone and had the same prob, switched back and it went away. Search the specs/fluids sections and there is a great write up on plugs.

Back