protege5 electrical system help

mccormick6545

:
Mazda, Protege/5
i have a protege5 and i keep getting the battery light turning on and most of the time it just shuts off after no more then a minute but when its really raining out it never shuts off and i lose power and eventually my car dies. i took my battery off after it happend last time when i got home and checked the charge it says full so dont know why i was losing power. i have a brand new altinator in and it works most the time but sometimes it just seems to stop working completly i need help on what i should do or could check. thanks

I was having this problem and getting a new alternator fixed it, so I'm not sure what it could be for you. I never checked about the battery though... My battery light would come on and the voltage went down to ~11v and one time it kept going down until the car shut off.

you think even having a new alternator it needs to be replaced? and ya most of the time it stays on just fine but when its really bad and rainy out it doesnt work. wipers get really slow and the radio stops working till finially it just stoped running

Well I wouldn't go out and get a new alternator just yet. I'm just saying that I was having a similar problem and replacing the alternator seems to have fixed it. Just something to look in to.

Thats definitely symptoms of a bad alternator, if its new check make sure the ground connections are nice and tight if that aint it just get a new one.

Back