Fastest klze swap?

I haven't really checked in lately - but this prodded me to get my azz in gear.

I start the swappage next weekend, and have just about all the nuts and bolts that I can think of.

Still need to pick up a disty cap and timing belt/water pump tho - still need to find out what year engine I have honestly.

Yeah, yeah...I know....I'm a lazy *****....Good soundin' "P5" ya got there mane!

I haven't really checked in lately - but this prodded me to get my azz in gear.

I start the swappage next weekend, and have just about all the nuts and bolts that I can think of.

Still need to pick up a disty cap and timing belt/water pump tho - still need to find out what year engine I have honestly.

Yeah, yeah...I know....I'm a lazy *****....Good soundin' "P5" ya got there mane!

*cough,cough* It's a P6............Hahahaha

Just messin'. Thanks man.

Hey Jed, if you can get me that cluster diagram that would be awesome.

Going to take a pic of the engine bay when I get home tonight. Looks much much better now without the bits and pieces of the FS harness in there. Ill have to get a shot of the huge cluster of wires that I removed. Rather horrendous looking.

Haha, it's really not a big deal. All the P5's with swaps should call them Protege6's anyway. And it wasn't my idea, my friend (PrinceValorum) who made the video called it a Protege6. And I'm jelly of your emblem. It looks really sweet so I'll probably copycat you so we can call it even? :)

I think it's cooler not to advertise the V6 though. That Protege6 badge is just perfect, IMHO.

I think it's cooler not to advertise the V6 though. That Protege6 badge is just perfect, IMHO.

Copycat away. That's a fair trade. And I agree completely. The P6 badge just leaves people guessing. I toyed with the v6 emblem idea, but that takes all the fun out of it.

cluster_1.jpeg

I hate to sound picky but is there any way to get a little clearer shot of that? Cant quite read the pixels...
Also looking into the charge light. Looking at the 626 diagram, its looking like there is a 12v output from the alternator when it is active, but probably goes to ground when inactive. Check that with a test light and see what it does with the engine off and the engine running. If it does what I think then you just have to hook up the charge indicator light in the cluster straight to the wht/blk wire in the 626 diagram. Ill check this out tomorrow if you dont get a chance to.

Last edited:
image3.jpg
Sorry I didn't realize how bad that was. The site that I use won't let me save things as a pic anymore so I have to print and scan everything and I was looking at other ways to get another it

Last edited:
If you have any way to zoom on it or at least have a clear image, you could use the prntscrn key to copy it and then paste it in paint or photoshop and save it that way.

i can't get a good print screen and these virtual printers blow ill just print it

img005.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful man. I hurt my neck so im not going to be doing much for a day or two but i will update when i get stuff figured out.

Back