VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest klze swap?

2003 Protege 5 V6 GT

its tomorrow

the guy who was suppose to do my ac lines had a family emergency so its going to be awhile before i get those done

what are you doing to do for your tach? most people get a dakota digital sgi-8

2003 P5 46k miles KLDE motor with JDM tranny swap w/ lsd - Dead
    2012 Focus - Sold
    2016 Mazda3 HB

2003 Mazda Protege5

Thats what I have. I ordered it a couple months ago preparing for the swap.

AC, and power steering are done. Now just wiring, and coolant lines.

Registered Member

Probe GT KLZE turbo

Im gonna let the cat outta the bag a bit here. We're using the stock ac lines on the Probe compressor with no mods whatsoever. Didnt do a whole helluva lot today on the car other than set up the AC lines and install the power steering return line. Should be able to fire it next weekend. Stay tuned.

2003 Protege 5 V6 GT

stock p5 lines fit on a probe compressor? i modded my stock lines to mount up on my kl compressor, a 1996 626 compressor i believe or a 94 but they leaked so wednesday i should have some lines spliced together

and i want to see pics of the compressor and lines if you have the time

use stock heater lines and radiator lines should be easy to do
    Last edited by Jedidiah55; 10-18-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Probe GT KLZE turbo

Everything lined up near perfect. All I had to do really was put a slight bend in a line (like 3-4 degrees) so it wouldn't rub the alternator.

I should mention though that the stock P5 or similarly sized radiator would need to be used to clear the AC lines on both sides of the radiator.

Last edited by forced_pgt; 10-18-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Registered Member

Probe GT KLZE turbo

I hate to jinx myself but this is going WAY too easily. Pretty much all thats left to do now is the wiring and the exhaust. I had about 20 minutes before it got dark out tonight but I figured out how to do the coolant lines. We took a gamble and picked out a few different coolant hoses off the wall at PepBoys and one of them turned out to be perfect. Ill have a part number for that one later. The others are going to be a mix of stockers from the P5 and the Probe.

2003 Protege 5 V6 GT

is the 626 bracket the same as the probe bracket? and the compressor is off a v6 probe or an i4?

goodluck with exhaust, my fiancee's dad welder up my exhuast
    Last edited by Jedidiah55; 10-18-2011 at 09:40 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Probe GT KLZE turbo

The bracket and compressor is off the Probe. V6
    Exhaust shouldnt be a problem. We'll just be hacking up the stock Probe exhaust and make it work. Minor changes to the P5 exhaust could be made and it would be easier but the Probe piping is a bit bigger and should help the ZE breath better until a real exhaust can be had. Only thing is Andy can't decide is whether to use the single tip magnaflow muffler or the dual tip OBX that was part of my very first exhaust on my car.

Registered Member

Probe GT KLZE turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah55 View Post
    also i wired a fan on cause it would never kick on when i wired it and for your temp gauge to pull a p5 sensor and connector out and throw it in the kl and run the wires back to the p5 ecu

its been awhile since i messed with the wiring, so im trying to remember everything and trying to find my p5 diagrams
    I was thinking about the fan control and I think the easiest way to tackle it is to let the Probe ECU control it. The Probe has a high and low speed fan and I will simply use those two outputs on the ECU and let them control my own relays to trigger the cooling fan. I cut a stock Probe fan in half and used the smaller AC fan on its side to act as the main two speed fan. Its like it was made for the P5 radiator.
    When the AC is turned on, an additional slim pusher fan will kick on in addition to turning the cooling fan on high.

2003 Mazda Protege5

I agree with you big time, Jim. This swap is going way to smooth. Its had for me to figure out why people have so much trouble with this, and don't hook up their AC. Then again.....we aren't done yet. lol

2003 Protege 5 V6 GT

i wouldn't worry about overheating, i didnt have problems with that in 110+ heat with one fan on

and going to get my a/c lines, hopefully they will work

2003 Mazda Protege5

Good luck. I hope it goes well for you. AC FTW!

Registered Member

2002 P5 Wag

I'm about to start my swap also - and I've seen some "hush-hush" stuff about the A/C.

Looking at the way everything should line up - it shows that it should've been a simple swap......

Looks good, sounds good, and seems everything is in the bag for ya'll thus far. Keep us posted - I'm subb'n!
    KL swapped 2002 P5. <<< check
    50 shot on KL <<< check
    turbo setup on KL <<< check
    Fully forged bottom-end and upping the boost <<< check
    Meth Injection, weight reduction, and fine tuning <<< In progress.

Registered Member

2002 Protege5

subbing, and i'd like to see vids please

2003 Protege 5 V6 GT

lines leak, so im going to get new p5 lines and probe v6 compressor and bracket and try it when i have time

im redoing my vac lines cause im car has been running funny, and i cant seem to find that on any diagram.
    is this just to check the vac on the IM or is this suppose to go to something my kl is non jdm and non usdm
    im assuming its a 95 cause it has the ford valve cove and most of everything appears to be the same as the 626 klde but i have an extra temp sensor and a few other random things that i cant find on usdm kl's

sorry for hijacking your thread
    Last edited by Jedidiah55; 10-20-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast