Fastest klze swap?

i wouldn't worry about overheating, i didnt have problems with that in 110+ heat with one fan on

and going to get my a/c lines, hopefully they will work

I'm about to start my swap also - and I've seen some "hush-hush" stuff about the A/C.

Looking at the way everything should line up - it shows that it should've been a simple swap......

Looks good, sounds good, and seems everything is in the bag for ya'll thus far. Keep us posted - I'm subb'n!

lines leak, so im going to get new p5 lines and probe v6 compressor and bracket and try it when i have time

im redoing my vac lines cause im car has been running funny, and i cant seem to find that on any diagram.
is this just to check the vac on the IM or is this suppose to go to something my kl is non jdm and non usdm
im assuming its a 95 cause it has the ford valve cove and most of everything appears to be the same as the 626 klde but i have an extra temp sensor and a few other random things that i cant find on usdm kl's
2011-10-20133825-1.jpg

sorry for hijacking your thread

Last edited:
Well the extra coolant temp sensor on the filler neck is actually a giveaway that it is from a 93. It was the only year that had the extra coolant sensor. Also, the oil pressure sending unit would have been the larger one (a little bigger than a film canister) that was only on 93-94 year Probes if it did indeed come from a Ford. The part number on the ECU would tell me a lot too. That vac line in the back of your manifold was originally hooked up the the HVAC controls on the probe and is true manifold vacuum. Holler at me via PM or start a new thread and we can get your odd running issue resolved.

Vids will come this weekend when we crank her up.

Ranting time:
Im not sure I understand the reasoning behind some people not wanting to share information here. Isnt part of being on a forum like this to share information and to help others instead of rubbing a problem someones having in their face?
I picked up on the KL MAF conversion after it was abandoned for years and then proceeded to pioneer using it with a turbo setup that allows the use of junkyard parts to boost safely without having to use an FMU or any other engine management stuff. I shared every step I took and answered every question I was asked. Shouldnt that go for pretty much anything?

Last edited:
i'm with you, some people mod their cars (or get a mechanic to do it)then come on forums just to brag and im going to have to hit you up on that MAF/turbo set up at some later date

and do you still need a p5 pinout?

If you have a pinout that shows every single pin that would be great when we start eliminating the P5 harness/ECU. I kinda have one right now but its a pretty scattered diagram that doesnt show each and every pin, but it should be enough to get the car started.

Its getting closer and closer.

Jim, is exactly right here. I almost left this forum because of the hush-hush mentality. We are only here for two reasons.....to get help, and help. If we make friends with people then thats fine, but there is no reason to assume you are better for any reason. Of course Im mainly talking about one individual here. Why he wants to be the only one with AC in a swapped Protege is beyond me. Well the cat is out of the bag here. As soon as this is complete there will be step by step instructions on how to do this. No secrets, just a simple guide on how to make your car kick ass.

As for the other (jerkit) , Let us know if we can help. (kiss)

No not yet. I think Jim has it pretty much figured out for now though. We will just need the pinouts for when we are eliminating the harness and ecu. For now we are going to run both.

Yeah, tomorrow will be the wiring portion which shouldnt take too much time to complete being that theres not much to splice into to run both harnesses. Jedidiah, I still cant get into that place you sent me the link for. Dunno whats up with that, but like Andy said, I have enough info to get the car running, just not enough to ditch the stock P5 ecu yet.

lol clean car ftw

and ill print out some pinouts and scan them for you and ill send jpegs if i can of them

Awesome, man. I really appreciate you helping us out with this. There aren't many here that are willing to, apparently.

I'm hoping that I'm just getting a bad first impression with this forum, but time will tell I suppose.

Back