Fastest klze swap?

What Im saying is, if you cant get them to fit on one then they wont fit on the others. They all interchange. Not sure why ours worked, and yours won't.

i think yours is a milli a/c compressor which wont fit the probe/626/mx6 lines
either 95-98 milli klg4? or 99-02 milli klg4? compressor
or the milli s kjze a/c compressor
im still working out details

i believe all the klde ac compressor have a stamp on the bottom of the bracket

just going out on a limb, will test my thoeries around the 20th

yeah

so far
N25
N48
N53 i assume are all 626/probe/mx6 compressors (i think mine were from a 94 626 and maybe an mx6 IIRC)

If mine wouldnt have fit the probe lines then it wouldnt have come off of a probe. Its not a milli. Like I said, they are interchangeable.

Slotege - so let me get this straight if you don't mind.

Your KL came from a PGT, correct? Your AC compressor has N48 stamped on it, correct? OBD1 or 2? And lastly - your P5 AC lines (hi/lo pressure) directly bolted up to the compressor? There was no modifications necessary? The reason being that a few of us out here haven't had that story be true for us at all....

I'm driving a KL swapped P5 as we speak, and my compressor says N25 stamped on the bottom. The P5 lines look just about right - but they are just too large on the fitting side (the actual plunger with the o-ring that goes into the fitting on the AC compressor). The P5 has a larger diameter piece than the KL allows.

If we can get a general consensus going here - we could all win. But as of now - A few of us guys aren't doing well with this, and the heat is fixing to turn up here in TX....I gotta get this AC fixed!

Sorry I've been slacking. Hopefully this weekend Ill get a chance to pressure test the system and check for leaks. The compressor came off of a Probe. I only had to tweak a line slightly to get it to line up. Nothing had to be bored out or otherwise modified to fit. They seriously bolted straight up perfectly.

1017111117a.jpg

something isnt right, my n48 will not bolt up, too big, and the bolt hole doesnt match up its about an 1/8 off to the left IIRC

I had the compressor off the car trying to get the lines to fit onto the compressor and trying to get the bolt holes to line up

it would not fit the lines i had which i assumed to be stock, im going to the junkyard on the 20th or 21st so ill find what will bolt up
and ill try to take a lot of pics if my hands aren't literally coated in oil
maybe i got some weird lines idk but ill find out

what year is Andy's car? I'm wondering if the lines aren't different between years and variations of the P5.

mines an 03 too
here is what i've found out
01-03 protege (engine doesn't matter) suction hose bolts up to my N25 compressor and hooks up to the p5, I didnt have my N48 with me IDK why my p5 lines didnt fit but they were larger
and 99-00 protege discharge line bolts right up to the compressor but not to the p5 due to the p5 port being too small however the 01-03 discharge line should fit, but not sure if it will bolt up

everything bolts up to compressor
2012-04-21163614.jpg

suction line (long line)
2012-04-21163748.jpg

discharge line (wont fit p5)
2012-04-21163405.jpg

ac compressor tag
2012-04-21164106.jpg

ac compressor stamp
2012-04-21164241.jpg

now I'm really cornfused......I don't know how I'm going to get this working.

Find a N25 compressor, and an older protege discharge line?

the older discharge line didnt fit
im going to reference the part numbers off the compressor to figure out what its from

Back