Fastest klze swap?

Man o' man.....whatever you find man - just let me know. I'm so far outta the loop on this one.....

.....I just wanted to mill some things down to MAKE it work, but that wouldn't even suffice.

Anyone else got any ideas about making the AC work on a KL-swapped P5 jobber?

milli compressors wont work
the ports are on the drivers side of the compressor one on top of the other, and i dont think you could stretch the lines to fit

That's why you should have just left the FS in it...

::troll::

Edit: And concerning the thread title, it's definitely not Slotege5_2003s! Hahahahaha... I keed, I keed. (The MSP forum is moving really slow today.)

Lulz. FS-DE's. That's the first thing I swap out when buying P5's from now on.

yeah - I'd have to agree. No more "zoom zoom" - more like Vroom Vroom now.

AC is overrated anyways.... (says the Texan that's gonna die down here in Houston due to heat stroke....).

Lulz. FS-DE's. That's the first thing I swap out when buying P5's from now on.
In all actuality, if I were to travel back 5 years ago to when I bought my P5 with rod-knock for $500, I'd have maybe gone throught the effort to swap in a KL, but I'm not doing that to the MSP.

Don't get me wrong - I had a blast with the FS, but unfortunately - it was zoom-zoom-boom!....

....not once - but twice! I like the low-end grunt from the KL, the linear powerband all the way to redline, and the secksay sound of it while gobbling up pavement.

I'm hard on cars... I mean hard. I'll spend hours straight on the dragon in the winter. The MSP is pretty slow in a straight line, but in the twisties I can overtake a ton of cars. It's perfect for what I like. If I wanted low end power, that might be the way to go, but I can keep the RPMs high and hop in and out of turns with ease, so I'll keep the FS.

sounds like you know what you want - and like.

If I can get my trans to shift a little smoother/easier (it's taking some effort to get it to "drop" into gear......no grinding......just takes a bit of effort and time) - I'll be right there with ya. Taking the KL through it's paces, through the twisties and seeing that the engine has all the shining points I wanted (low end torque, midrange out the yin-yang, and a linear power that pulls all the way to redline), it makes driving it hard easier for me.

My FS hated being pushed past 4k rpm. The KL just loves the higher RPM and it doesn't feel like it's going to explode. Maybe a turbo FS-DE is different but I can't believe how much time and money I wasted on my N/A S just to get 115whp. It's hard to bite my tongue when new members are like "What mods should I get?". Don't waste your money, get a KL and start from there.

Not bashing on MSP's since I love all Proteges. Just once I've had a KL it's hard to want to work on an FS again. The new P5 is sooooo slow. Haha

the KL loves open throttle
the FS loves to fail
:p

as a matter of fact my KL loves oepn throttle so much it sticks open for a sec when i take my foot off the gas

back to more pressing matters

how do you have your a/c wired up?
does obd2 still have the same 3 wires for the a/c
a/c relay (and when the ecu grounds this, the relay sounds power to the compressor?)
a/c pressure switch (correct me if im wrong but doesn't the a/c compressor have a simple circuit loop e.i. a/c compressor 1 wires gets power from relay, and the power goes to the pressure switch and if the pressure is good then it runs power to the clutch without using the ecu at all???)
and air conditioning sensor? <---idk what that is

EDITED before I get another infraction... :(

Last edited:
Back