Fastest klze swap?

Trust me I know this. I deal with this crap every day with bad flareups like this once or twice a month.

Going to at least have the car driveable again tomorrow night so we can take it and my car to a local hangout that neither of us have attended in about a year and a half. Should be neat to get some reactions from the locals. Have to trace some speedo wires and see if I can make the temp gauge work correctly. BTW, I had hooked up the check engine light earlier in the week. Get this, there are no error codes to speak of. NONE! (cabpatch)

Need to take a current engine bay shot since it is mostly done under there.

So last time I checked in on the wiring, I was at this stage:
1031111325.jpg

From which I removed this:
1101111829.jpg

Re-assembled the new Probe/5 harness conglomeration:
1104112143.jpg

Attached the ECU here:
1104112150.jpg

...and tucked it all away. :)
1104112158.jpg

There is officially not a trace of the original engine harness in the car at all. I still need to deal with wiring the A/C portion but we are going to wait on that until it starts to warm up again.

You are my hero. I've got a bump in my passenger side footwell for the KL ECU. It's ghetto. But I'm going with a MS this winter while a ZE is going in.

Great work again, guys!

This car, now, is how the car would have came from the factory with a KLZE in it. 1 harness, 1 ecu. I have to say this is the coolest thing that Jim, and I have done together. Minus the wiring of course. That was all Jim. Thanks again, man.

Everything but the A/C wiring is completely done. Speedo, tach, oil light, temp light, etc. all work.
Here is the engine bay as of today:
1105111808a.jpg

...and the exhaust. The very first one i've ever seen with something other than a fart cannon. :)
1106111636b.jpg

Which radiator did you go with? And I see you didn't use the burp tank for it?

ps- I love that muffler. ;)

Actually the battery light is the only thing I haven't hooked up. Planing on a small digital gauge later on. Though it should work if the blk/yel wire coming from the cluster is hooked up to the wht/blk wire on the KL alternator. If there isnt a wht/blk on the alty, just take a test light to the smaller gauge wires on the plug. Find the one wire that is grounded when the engine is off (with the key on) and changes to +12v when the engine is running. That will be the wire to tap into the blk/yel wire at the cluster.

The muffler is an ooold OBX-R dual tip muffler. Kind of a sentimental piece because it was part of my very first exhaust I ever had on my car way back in 03. Heh, same year this car was built. Its actually very shiny once its cleaned up. Drive off video should be up tomorrow. Sounds fantastic (but I still say it needs a resonator).

The radiator is a stock P5 with some creative hose routing. Using the stock overflow canister. Had to go this route in order to clear the A/C lines, or we would have just gone with the Probe radiator.

Just thought I would toss up an update. Car has been running fantastic and flawlessly. Literally zero issues to speak of. Based on the cars that he has raced, a good estimate is that its a high 13s in the 1/4. Walked away from an e36 M3 and fairly even between a mid 2k mustang GT. Only thing he has been beaten by so far is me. :p Though not by a large margin. Were looking to get some evenly weighted passengers to hold some vid cameras and we'll go play some more.

My KL-G4('99 626) swap has been in progress since October of '08... and still isn't running. Been... lazy. It should be running soon though. A friend and I need to finish up the wiring. That's his thing... I HATE wiring, makes my head hurt. OBD2 makes this swap suck also. It's A LOT harder than the J32(CL-Type S 3.2L V6, 6 speed) swap into his '01 Integra Type-R, and that car is actually fast. LOL Ideally, I want it to pass St. Louis emissions(plug-in test) and look as stock as possible.

p541.jpg

October of 2008 and still isn't done? Dang, mate. You've got a serious case of the "lazies" for sure. heh-heh. I had OBD2 Milly setup in my KL swapped P5 and didn't really have too many issues. But you've got coilpacks FTW!

October of 2008 and still isn't done? Dang, mate. You've got a serious case of the "lazies" for sure. heh-heh. I had OBD2 Milly setup in my KL swapped P5 and didn't really have too many issues. But you've got coilpacks FTW!

It's just one of those things. When I bought it, it was my 4th car, and bought it from ForceFed on here as a roller... Never having driven it, it's just 'there' - and it was at my brother's shop at first, and now my dealership, so it's not taking up my space - even less motivation to get it done. My running cars took priority... and work, life, etc etc. Bought a house this May. Delay, delay, delay. I look forward to getting it on the road nonetheless... it's a project I shouldn't have started though.

You could always just pass it off to me. Ill even come pick it up. ;)
I spy A/C lines, power steering lines and cruise transducer. Kudos. (rockon)

Back