Tire Pressure Sensor Question???

:
08 Mazda3 hatch-gt
Hey guys,
I have an 08 Mazda3 hatch and bought a set of older mazda3 wheels with snow tires on them to use for the winter. I'm guessing the set of wheels I bought dont have sensors, so what's the worst that can happen? Will there just be an icon on my dash showing tire pressure is low? Also, when I do put my stock 17" wheels back on, will my TPMS automatically read the sensors and the icon will then turn off? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Without sensors there will be a light on in your instrument cluster. It may beep once or twice when you start the car too. Once the system senses the sensors again the light will go off.

^ Yep. I used to not have TPMS in the winter.

a little off topic but any one have a tire pressure sensor on in winter even tho there at the right psi?

^^The tpms system light comes on if the tire is under or over inflated. Sensors last normally 5 years before needing to be replaced. Also if you dont have the right valve caps on them they can corrode on to the sensor and break it :(. I seen alot break because of the corrosion since im employed at the Costco Tire Center

Why would the sensors only last 5 years?

05Mazda3sp23 have the tires been at the correct PSI while you've been driving around for a while? I know mine when I adjust them in the winter take a bit to reset themselves sometimes.

Back