mazda5 GS adding heated mirror

is there any possible to add heated mirror on a GS model?

i searched the post in this forum, no body mention if it worked or not

I don't have heated mirrors, but my previous vehicle did. It was simply apart of the rear window defroster circuit. If this vehicle is the same, it may be as simple a swapping mirrors with a GT. I'd investigate by removing a side mirror and checking for an unused wire harness in the door. If one is present, check for power with the defroster activated (assuming that's how it works).

This is just informational and not a How-To. My Honda Odyssey Touring had heated side mirrors and when a vandal broke the driver's side mirror, I had to get a replacement unit and it turns out that the mirror contains the heated elements. On the Honda, you had to press the 'heated mirror' button to activate the elements. On my VW, when you put the mirror control position to Neutral, the heated elements activate. Just FYI.

is there any possible to add heated mirror on a GS model?

i searched the post in this forum, no body mention if it worked or not

My 2005 Mazda5 came with heated mirrors. They are activated using the rear-window defroster switch.
I attached the removal instruction from the workshop manual. (just ignore the red strikethrough)
It seems that if you remove the mirror and see two unused connectors, you should be able to just swap the glass with heated glass.

heated mirror.JPG

My 2005 Mazda5 came with heated mirrors. They are activated using the rear-window defroster switch.
I attached the removal instruction from the workshop manual. (just ignore the red strikethrough)
It seems that if you remove the mirror and see two unused connectors, you should be able to just swap the glass with heated glass.

View attachment 188358
Ohhh.. anyone know a part number and price for it (overseas)? Would love to have this for winter!

I found one on Ebay for 20,80 euro: Mirror. In the Netherlands, they are about 30 euro's from an online dealer. Haven't been able to find the part number...

Thanks for the link. Not a priority at the moment but definitely something I am considering, especially with winter (sown/ice) right around the corner.

Thanks. That is FANTASTIC! Now, can someone confirm if Sport models are pre-wired :p ? I would not be surprised if the wiring already exists.

EDIT:
How-to from Mz3. Seems not all models are prewired.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123764319-HOW-TO-Heated-Mirror-Install
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123697987-HOW-TO-Heated-mirrors-and-LED-puddle-lamps

Here's an older Mz5 thread. Will require some DIY effort.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123658104-Adding-heated-mirrors-to-a-Mazda-5

Last edited:
Hi,
I actually did this mod on my 2010 touring. All wires are already present. The only differences is a glass element in the mirror with heater attached and additional harness inside the mirror which connects this heater to the vehicle. It is very cheap to buy heated glass elements for 5 here in the US. Check mazdaparts.org or jimellismazda.com. I believe the price is about 30$ each. Harness is not sold by dealers.
SO you have two options:
1) Cheap but requires some work. Buy heated glass elements, wires and 4 wire taps. You have to disassemble mirror assembly and properly route wires inside the mirror. After that you will have to attach those wires to vehicle mirror connector (to specific wires on it) through wire taps. It is impossible/difficult to buy/mod this female connector, so tapping into wires is the only option. I saw a how to for mazda 5 somewhere on the internet. Please search if you are interested.
2) More expensive but very easy. Buy the whole mirror assembly with heated glass.
I choose this route. Mazda dont sell complete mirrors with colour specific housings anymore. You will need to buy mirror subassembly and housing of your color (or you can reuse your old housing). For me the price was about 115$ for complete mirror. Mirror subassembly cost about 96$. Instal is very easy. Just remove old one and bolt in new one.
I really enjoy it. Works very well during rain. Did not test it yet in a snow.

Last edited:
OP, the GT has heated mirrors. Perhaps call junk yards like Rite Way in Chilliwack.

Back