- Protege Rallisport Side Skirts
- Custom Leather Interior
- DG Urethane Front Air Dam
- DG Autoexe-style Fiberglass Grille
- SLS Midpipe & Cat
- Repaint
- MSP ECU

Last edited:
In the beginning the car was bone stock. I'd only had it for a month or so at this point and all I'd done is paint the brake calipers red.
IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

Last edited:
The next thing I did was I removed the exhaust manifold cover (but I put it back on after I saw how rusty that b**** was), and I added an AEM Short Ram Intake
IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Then last November, one of my wheels got messed up and I didn't have the money to buy new wheels so........I bummed some 17"x8" wheels from my friend off of his 1998 Cobra Mustang and I rocked that for a while haha. I lucked out that the bolt patterns were identical. I also lightly smoked my tail lights. And I also started reppin Mazdaspeed on my bumper =) Threw away my fog lights too, one had a shattered lens but the light still worked and the other was perfect but the light didn't work. =(
cobra2.jpg

Cobra1.jpg

cobra3.jpg

Last edited:
Oh this came before the Cobra wheels, but last September I painted my VC and strut stabilizer. I did kind of a half ass job on masking the letters because I couldn't find my good masking tape and hobby knife so I decided to just go with it.
IMG_1156-1.jpg

IMG_1157-1.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Last edited:
In March of 2011 I got my tax return back, and it ended up being bigger than expected so I decided to drop some Franklins! Bought my new Rage Wheels, OBX Headers, black tail lights, and Megan CBE, added my B&M SS and B&M SS stickers on the front fenders.
headers.jpg

megan.jpg

newwheel1.jpg

newwheel2.jpg

newtaillights.jpg

newwheel3.jpg

bandm.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to smoke my headlights and tail lights, but then I got busted and had to remove it =( I didn't mind giving up my smoked headlights and side markers but there was no way I was getting rid of my smoked tail lights so I put the stock ones back on long enough to take care of the fix-it ticket then threw the smoked ones back on. Problem Murray PD?
smoked.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I decided to get up early and I painted my headlight housing black before work thanks to the helpful people on this site providing me with a tutorial to do it yourself =) I also blacked out the front badge.
IMG_5299.jpg

IMG_9297.jpg

haha I hope to have it built and boosted by the end of next year. It's kinda hard to save up money when I have to pay for school =(

Honestly I haven't thought much about suspension stuff because I take my car out camping and I don't want to lower it or else I wouldn't be able to take it out anymore.

going the way of honda with the stickers lol but thats my opinion it looks good with the rims though. if it wasnt for the camping i would def say to lower it but i wouldnt wana pay for a new oil pan either. if your not going to use your fog lights i would suggest a 03.5 msp front bumper they look better imo. also have you thought about taking a small paint brush and getting the vc?

I just added the stickers to make the car not look so plain anymore. Once I get all the body parts I want and repaint the car they'll go byebye lol. And thanks! I really love my choice of wheels, I decided that once I get sick of the silver look I'll have them powder coated flat black. I really want new fog lights, I've been looking for some forever but can't find some that I want. I wish the OEM fogs had replaceable bulbs so I could get the light color to match my 6500K HID lights. And yeah I have the paint and the brush to touch up the VC but I'm too lazy haha. I'll get it done eventually ;) And if I did decide to go with that bumper where would I find one?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the Corksport motor mount inserts are simple to install? And what tools do I need to install them?

Sub-Scribble

Nice build so far. I love seeing people who are still starting this car as a project.

I started mine in 2002 and if you have any questions, I would be very happy to help.

Latest posts

Back