A facelift for the car

JKPgt96

10k RPM Probe
:
'95 Probe GT
My '95 Probe GT that I am building has seen better days as far as the body goes (no clear left on fender, dents, scraps,etc..), and so I have been on the hunt for a parts car with a straight body that I could use to fix some of the body damage that I have on my car. Problem being, I bought a color that is very hard to find. But I lucked into finding one that same color with a very straight body and excellent paint that was local and cheap (needed a motor).

The one I am building:
DSCN0872.jpg

The parts car:
325035_577097535963_121200089_31992927_3352030_o.jpg

In the garage ready for the facelift to get going:
IMAG0081.jpg

I will be taking several before and after pictures as I go, and continue to update this thread with the swap/facelift for the car (with an actual camera, not my phone, lol). I am really excited to get this going and done.

Before anyone asks, I am not going to swap to the parts car even though the body is better because of the work I have into the other one already, and the one I am building has less than half (84k on it) the mile of the parts car..

Here is the list of things that are getting done:

Swap Front Bumper
Swap Fenders
Swap Headlight Covers
Swap Hood
Swap Doors
Swap to Black Outline Taillights (96-97 Probes, versus 95 had red outline)
Swap to Blank Center Reflector (these were ONLY on '97 GTS Probes, so they are hard to find in good shape)
Install OEM Euro Clear Turn Signals/Bracket/Harnesses
Remove Door Ding Trim from doors/fenders
Install AutoPower 'Race' Bar
Install Front Lip

Update:

Some Before Shots:
IMAG0092.jpg

Dent in Fender
IMAG0093.jpg

Door Alignment (Pass.)
IMAG0094.jpg

Peeling Paint
IMAG0095.jpg

Wtf?!
IMAG0098.jpg

Ewwww...Red Outlines!
IMAG0096.jpg

Front Bumper
IMAG0103.jpg

Progress...well..a little..
IMAG0110.jpg

UK Turn Signal Harness on Left (USDM on right)
IMAG0112.jpg

Back Seat Stash, lol
IMAG0116.jpg

There will be more progress made this weekend, as I have a couple buddies coming over to help swap the doors..then the re-assembly can commence!

I am excited to get to work on this, and it gives me something to do to show some progress on the car since the motor build is not progressing right now..

Oh..and I found this interesting..since the rest of the bay is a mess, it was tough to capture it in a picture..but this gives an idea of how bare the engine bay will be upon re-wiring and re-assembly of the motor..

Mine:
IMAG0106.jpg

Stock '95:
IMAG0107.jpg

good luck, my cousin had a 95 4 cyl one and he had it turbo'd until it blew lol

Thanks.

Got the doors swapped Saturday and all lined up. So this week I will be putting the fenders and bumpers on, so I can get back to working under the hood!

Hopefully this weekend I get the car fired up and I can finish swapping the rest of the panels!

Hopefully I have some pictures to put up this weekend. I got everything swapped over, got the car fired up and ready to go get inspected aside from a couple small items..

Back