Possible

Ryan C Jones

:
2007 mazda speed 6
Ok so heres what I wanna do. I want to mount a 3 section pod holder in thet little storage space located on the dash above the air vents....the one with the door. Possible, hard, dont do it....what should I expect under the dahs, how do I do it?

i think what he wants to do is conceal the gauges in the cubby, its something i've considered trying to build, i more so want to mount my dashhawk in there

anything is possible if you set your mind to it. nobody makes a diy kit for alot of things. nobody made a diy kit for my 1 off c20get manifold lol.

i think what he wants to do is conceal the gauges in the cubby, its something i've considered trying to build, i more so want to mount my dashhawk in there

That's where my Dashhawk is...a little velcro on the bottom and it sticks to the carpet in the cubby just fine. I intend to do something more permanent eventually...actually, my ideal plan is to mount an iPad on a motor mount so it opens and closes automatically with the ignition (or with a button), and hooked up to a GPS for mapping and to the OBD port to replicate the Dashhawk functions. In my copious free time..... :D

That's where my Dashhawk is...a little velcro on the bottom and it sticks to the carpet in the cubby just fine. I intend to do something more permanent eventually...actually, my ideal plan is to mount an iPad on a motor mount so it opens and closes automatically with the ignition (or with a button), and hooked up to a GPS for mapping and to the OBD port to replicate the Dashhawk functions. In my copious free time..... :D

i was planning to put a hole in the wall of the cubby and permently mount the dashhawk there

You just have to start out with a concept of it. Then refine it from there. The first time is never going to look good if its something you have never done before. id say start with a used one and mess with it and see what you come up with.

i was planning to put a hole in the wall of the cubby and permently mount the dashhawk there

Yeah, that was my plan, but velcro on the carpet works just fine. You will have to cut a hole in the back of the cubby to get the cable through.

Latest posts

Back